I'm considering getting rid of my trophy. What would be a fair price for it?
    04-26-2012 10:45 PM
    In very good condition, used, I would expect to see $200. Check out completed listings on eBay too.
    04-27-2012 07:14 AM
    Thanks. I'm considering getting rid of it to get something that does better on reception, but I'm not sure I really want to see it go.
    04-27-2012 10:05 PM
    You get bad reception? Weird. I've never been without reception on mine. But I guess something could be wrong with your phone, or maybe the inferior reception of the Trophy is just more obvious in your area.
    04-28-2012 01:31 PM
    Yes, my Trophy doesn't do well, especially streaming videos. It's particularly bad at home and work. I think I'm in a poorer area for reception. I had a Motorola droid prior and it did fine. My wife's iPhone 4 has similar issues, but not quite as bad.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
    04-28-2012 03:03 PM
    Well, my Trophy's internet isn't very fast, but I do get a constant signal.
    04-29-2012 10:49 AM
    The signal strength is very frustrating. This is the only thing I really dislike about the phone. I've talked talked to Verizon about it and they say that's how the phone is, wait until my next upgrade. I guess if I wasn't at work and home so much it would work perfectly, lol.

04-29-2012 02:18 PM
    That sucks man. I really hope Verizon gets a Nokia by the end of the year. The reception on the 900 is supposed to be fantastic, thanks to the fact they actually tried to optimize reception clarity on it. Just imagine it on Verizon, it should be even better.
    04-29-2012 09:30 PM
    I would love to have a Nokia. The things I want in my next phone are good camera, high-resolution screen, good reception and LTE.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    04-29-2012 10:41 PM
    Yeah I don't think the reception is the hottest. It works okay for me, but ironically it will consistently drop calls in our bathroom (granted, tough area for signal) but we DO have a Network Extender here. It seems like it will have strong signal then lose the connection with the extender and try to hit the towers, fail, and drop the call.

Of course, I literally have to drive a couple hundred yards away to activate a phone because it will somehow hang onto the extender for a ridiculous distance away outside.
    04-30-2012 09:10 AM
    It doesn't seem like the Trophy does well on WiFi either. I'm going back and forth on selling this thing on eBay. I'm probably going to go by Verizon and fool with some of the phones. I'm interested in the Galaxy Nexus (I know it's heresy) so I want to spend some time with it in the store.

04-30-2012 01:04 PM
    My Trophy actually seems slower on WiFi than it does on the cellular network too often. It tests fine on BandWidth, but in real world use it just seems slow.
    04-30-2012 08:18 PM
    I wish an update could fix the radios in this phone. My keyboard no longer disappears, and that is a big relief, now if the reception would get fixed this would be a very impressive phone. It is strange that sometimes it does better on 3G for streaming than on WiFi.

05-01-2012 12:04 AM
    The last HTC update came with a updated radio, it should of helped a little with the signal.
    05-02-2012 12:57 AM
    The latest update did help, but not much. I guess the main thing that hurts is I'm not in a great area for reception.

05-02-2012 07:13 AM
    And here I thought that something was up with my Trophy's Wifi. I can use Netflix much faster on 3G than on wifi :(
    05-07-2012 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD