Trophy memory upgrade

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I finally got brave enough to upgrade the memory in my phone to 32GB. It's every bit as easy as this thread suggests...
MicroSD - Card Replace - xda-developers

The only difference was that I had to do a hard reset (hold vol up and down buttons while powering on the phone) instead of doing it from the settings menu on the phone.

I replaced a SanDisk 16GB class 4 card that was in my phone with a SanDisk 32GB class 4 card. WPBench shows similar numbers before and after upgrade. (score ~59)

Now I can max out the 16GB of music on my Zune HD, keep it synced with my phone and still have room for movies on the phone. :D

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Very nice! I was thinking about doing it at first when I got my Trophy (I thought it only had 8Gb), but it has 16Gb and so I didn't really feel like taking it apart since it wouldn't be as big of an upgrade. But it's good to hear you upgraded yours successfully!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I was also thinking about doing this too but, As I think about it. I want a bigger screen so I will just wait till vzw gets a better WP7 device...

I find myself holding back on moving stuff over. I could fit 1/2 my music collection on my phone if I had the 32gb (it's only about 32gb total).

Funny tho, 2nd gen devices came out...No device comes with more than 16gb...when will they learn...

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Supposedly WP8 will have full support for removable memory cards. Should help a lot with people with larger storage requirements.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
anyone try a 64gb micro sd? I would be interested in knowing whether or not this works.
Micro SD cards up to 32GB are SDHC.
To get 64GB and up, they use a different standard (SDXC), so I don't believe it would work as the spec for Windows Phone 7 is for SDHC.

PappysOldStyle

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I finally got brave enough to upgrade the memory in my phone to 32GB. It's every bit as easy as this thread suggests...
MicroSD - Card Replace - xda-developers

The only difference was that I had to do a hard reset (hold vol up and down buttons while powering on the phone) instead of doing it from the settings menu on the phone.

I replaced a SanDisk 16GB class 4 card that was in my phone with a SanDisk 32GB class 4 card. WPBench shows similar numbers before and after upgrade. (score ~59)

Now I can max out the 16GB of music on my Zune HD, keep it synced with my phone and still have room for movies on the phone. :D
I don't understand the need to heat the void sticker and remove with a pin. If I did that and replaced..... when sent back to HTC for work wouldn't they notice the large section of foil missing from where the SD slot it and void it anyways? Seems like needless work.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand the need to heat the void sticker and remove with a pin. If I did that and replaced..... when sent back to HTC for work wouldn't they notice the large section of foil missing from where the SD slot it and void it anyways? Seems like needless work.

I didn't bother with that, either. Didn't see much need to get warranty work if I monkied with it.

However for the foil, I warmed it to get under it and put it back when I was done. I'm pretty sure it's acting as a heat sink, so I made sure not to damage it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo