Letting go of webOS

orduckfan76

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
My Pre+ has finally let me down. I just picked up a Trophy and am ready to make the switch. One question though, can the folks at the Verizon store transfer my contacts or is there something I need to do?

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Palm profile. I was a true webOS believer.

Oh dear. That's not good. Well, hopefully the VZW store will transfer your contacts for you from phone to phone. Because there's no easy way to get those contacts out of the Palm Profile. It's possible to get your contacts, but it requires a lot of work.

With this phone, make sure to use Yahoo, Exchange, Live, or Google to manage your contacts. I don't know why Palm/HP made it nearly impossible to export contacts from the Palm Profile. It's infuriating.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I had my contacts on my Palm profile and they transferred. If they can't do it for some reason, here is a good place to start... http://m.webosnation.com/export-all-your-contacts it looks like a lot of steps, but not that hard.

Oh, and while you are in USB mode on your webOS device, don't forget to copy any or all photos, etc. that you might want to keep!

Edit 2: in fact, the steps above were similar to what the rep did to transfer the contacts over. I remember him opening the phone app and dialing the numbers to generate the file.

Last edited:

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I had my contacts in gmail or facebook. I stayed with both for a while. I've moved everything from gmail to Live. And in all honesty, my Live account calendar works much better than gmail.

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
My Pre+ has finally let me down. I just picked up a Trophy and am ready to make the switch. One question though, can the folks at the Verizon store transfer my contacts or is there something I need to do?

http://www.webosnation.com/how-to-export-your-webos-contacts-csv

You can then import that into Google Contacts and that will sync with your Windows Phone.

Oh dear. That's not good. Well, hopefully the VZW store will transfer your contacts for you from phone to phone. Because there's no easy way to get those contacts out of the Palm Profile. It's possible to get your contacts, but it requires a lot of work.

With this phone, make sure to use Yahoo, Exchange, Live, or Google to manage your contacts. I don't know why Palm/HP made it nearly impossible to export contacts from the Palm Profile. It's infuriating.

It takes 2 seconds.

I will suggest that you always stick with Google Contacts. Very reliable and even has a Merge Duplicates tool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99