My Pre+ has finally let me down. I just picked up a Trophy and am ready to make the switch. One question though, can the folks at the Verizon store transfer my contacts or is there something I need to do?
    06-11-2012 05:37 PM
    If I remember correct, they can transfer the contacts over. Or at least should. E able to.
    orduckfan76 likes this.
    06-11-2012 05:46 PM
    If I remember correct, they can transfer the contacts over. Or at least should. E able to.
    Well, it depends on where you stored your contacts. Did you store them on your Palm Profile? Or are they stored in Exchange, Yahoo, Gmail?
    06-11-2012 09:11 PM
    Palm profile. I was a true webOS believer.
    06-12-2012 12:26 AM
    Congratulations the trophy is a nice device you will enjoy it.
    06-12-2012 07:40 AM
    Palm profile. I was a true webOS believer.
    Oh dear. That's not good. Well, hopefully the VZW store will transfer your contacts for you from phone to phone. Because there's no easy way to get those contacts out of the Palm Profile. It's possible to get your contacts, but it requires a lot of work.

With this phone, make sure to use Yahoo, Exchange, Live, or Google to manage your contacts. I don't know why Palm/HP made it nearly impossible to export contacts from the Palm Profile. It's infuriating.
    orduckfan76 likes this.
    06-12-2012 08:22 AM
    I had my contacts on my Palm profile and they transferred. If they can't do it for some reason, here is a good place to start... http://m.webosnation.com/export-all-your-contacts it looks like a lot of steps, but not that hard.

Oh, and while you are in USB mode on your webOS device, don't forget to copy any or all photos, etc. that you might want to keep!

Edit 2: in fact, the steps above were similar to what the rep did to transfer the contacts over. I remember him opening the phone app and dialing the numbers to generate the file.
    Last edited by sinime; 06-12-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    orduckfan76 likes this.
    06-12-2012 10:07 AM
    I had my contacts in gmail or facebook. I stayed with both for a while. I've moved everything from gmail to Live. And in all honesty, my Live account calendar works much better than gmail.
    06-12-2012 10:12 AM
    Just to follow up. I went to the Verizon store today. They got my contacts switched over without issue. Thanks for the input!
    06-12-2012 05:39 PM
    My Pre+ has finally let me down. I just picked up a Trophy and am ready to make the switch. One question though, can the folks at the Verizon store transfer my contacts or is there something I need to do?
    http://www.webosnation.com/how-to-ex...s-contacts-csv

You can then import that into Google Contacts and that will sync with your Windows Phone.

Oh dear. That's not good. Well, hopefully the VZW store will transfer your contacts for you from phone to phone. Because there's no easy way to get those contacts out of the Palm Profile. It's possible to get your contacts, but it requires a lot of work.

With this phone, make sure to use Yahoo, Exchange, Live, or Google to manage your contacts. I don't know why Palm/HP made it nearly impossible to export contacts from the Palm Profile. It's infuriating.
    It takes 2 seconds.

I will suggest that you always stick with Google Contacts. Very reliable and even has a Merge Duplicates tool.
    speedtouch likes this.
    06-12-2012 06:34 PM
    In general, my Live and Google contacts match. Nice backup that way for either one.
    06-13-2012 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD