I sent a tweet to Verizon support yesterday afternoon asking if there is any info on when Tango will be pushed out. The rep that got back to (who also uses WP by chance :) ) said he would like to know that himself and that he hasn't heard about the update yet (I assume he means he hasn't heard about the update through his Verizon documentation).

So not any news there but I guess it's better than a no.
    06-30-2012 09:36 AM
    Verizon seems to be the slowest and the quietest when it comes to any update for any platform.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    06-30-2012 11:10 PM
    Verizon seems to be the slowest and the quietest when it comes to any update for any platform.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    I disagree, VZW has always been good with Android updates and it seems they are doing just as good with WP updates. They have renewed commitment with WP and want to make it a 3 horse race again, i dont know though if they'll still support this device or not. It would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    07-01-2012 08:14 PM
    I just got my Trophy and so far really enjoying the OS. Isn't Tango from what I have read, really just a minor update?
    07-03-2012 08:24 AM
    I just got my Trophy and so far really enjoying the OS. Isn't Tango from what I have read, really just a minor update?
    Fairly small yes, some MMS improvements and a few bug fixes. It wouldn't surprise me if VZW waits for 7.8 to catch up the Trophy users, but they could surprise and push the 8773 update out in the near future since many other carriers are seemingly starting to do so.
    mud314 likes this.
    07-03-2012 05:20 PM
    I do have to defend VZW a teeny tiny bit and say that AT&T is worse about getting updates out but on the other hand they have Lumia 900. Hmmmm.....
    07-03-2012 05:48 PM
    Fairly small yes, some MMS improvements and a few bug fixes. It wouldn't surprise me if VZW waits for 7.8 to catch up the Trophy users, but they could surprise and push the 8773 update out in the near future since many other carriers are seemingly starting to do so.
    Microsoft said that they will push 7.8 with out any carrier input.... So Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, TMOUS, you name it, you'll get it and not have to worry about your carrer giving it to you.

I'll bet that XDA will have it weeks before it's released so you'll find out about it here a few days after (depends on who reads it first)

As for Tango, I am running Tango on my Trophy but, I have a custom rom... I really didn't notice any real feature updates. The only thing I really found out is you can set a Static IP with Wi-FI IF you use a registry hack. Otherwise it seems nothing else is really new (bug fixes really)
    Last edited by DavidinCT; 07-03-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    07-03-2012 05:53 PM
    Microsoft said that they will push 7.8 with out any carrier input.... So Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, TMOUS, you name it, you'll get it and not have to worry about your carrer giving it to you.

As for Tango, I am running Tango on my Trophy but, I have a custom rom... I really didn't notice any real feature updates. The only thing I really found out is you can set a Static IP with Wi-FI IF you use a registry hack. Otherwise it seems nothing else is really new (bug fixes really)
    Actually you should have the ability now to add video files and voice clips inline with messages that you couldn't do before. That's the biggest feature add of Tango I believe.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    07-03-2012 06:20 PM
    Actually you should have the ability now to add video files and voice clips inline with messages that you couldn't do before. That's the biggest feature add of Tango I believe.
    Nope won't allow voice notes. I think a lot of the features are dependent on carrier enabling them...
    07-03-2012 08:33 PM
    Nope won't allow voice notes. I think a lot of the features are dependent on carrier enabling them...
    Is yours a carrier ROM or a custom one? Maybe that's why? Not sure, just trying to rationalize the possibilities. Seems odd a feature like adding voice clips would be controlled at the carrier level.
    07-03-2012 10:16 PM
    Stock Verizon outside of the Tango update. Of course it doesn't have other features like Internet Sharing or Visual Voicemail either (controlled by carrier).
    07-04-2012 01:47 PM
    Stock Verizon outside of the Tango update. Of course it doesn't have other features like Internet Sharing or Visual Voicemail either (controlled by carrier).
    No visual voice mail (and I wish I could enable it and pay for the feature) but, Internet sharing on a custom rom is possable (and it works great).

I was on the fence for a longest time with doing a custom rom but, It was so easy, in about an hour I was running Tango with the extra features. Infact it took longer to download everything than actually installing it.

If your really stuck, PM me, I'll get you to simple directions
    psiu_glen likes this.
    07-07-2012 04:31 PM
    I may have spoke too soon. Has anyone had a problem lately with the Me tile showing the last notification, even after "acknowleding" it? It seems like it's happened for the past week or so.
    07-10-2012 02:46 AM