Tango Update

bney0215

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I see that the Tango update will be available tomorrow. In the description it says the Trophy will be Wi-Fi hot spot capable. I still have the unlimited data plan, will the Wi-Fi hot spot use the data I am already paying for, or will Verizon charge me for this seperately?

Thanks

scottd34

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I see that the Tango update will be available tomorrow. In the description it says the Trophy will be Wi-Fi hot spot capable. I still have the unlimited data plan, will the Wi-Fi hot spot use the data I am already paying for, or will Verizon charge me for this seperately?

Thanks
yes youll need to add the separate hotspot unless you switch to a metered plan with hotspot, share everything which includes hotspot.

crazie

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm updating my phone right now. I had to manually check for the update using Zune software, but as of 1025 (PST) it is updating.

crazie

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Evidently it's a two part update for those who haven't made it there yet....still waiting. Since I'm grandfathered in on the "Unlimited data" plan, I'm wondering if I'll have the Internet Sharing option without changing my plan. Will update momentarily.

EDIT: Three part update? I wasn't paying too much attention, but I think it was:

1 - Tango - all windows updates?
2 - VZW update - enables messaging enhancements
3 - HTC update - no desciption, link takes you to WP update FAQ

Last edited:

crazie

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
OK, so Internet sharing is there, but I have bad news for anyone on an unlimited plan (It's the only one I can confirm).....

It looks like everything works, but you'll have to pay $20/month to actually use the browser or data functions of any connected device. I confirmed this with my wireless laptop and my Zune HD.

See attached for full disapopintment.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Evidently it's a two part update for those who haven't made it there yet....still waiting. Since I'm grandfathered in on the "Unlimited data" plan, I'm wondering if I'll have the Internet Sharing option without changing my plan. Will update momentarily.

EDIT: Three part update? I wasn't paying too much attention, but I think it was:

1 - Tango - all windows updates?
2 - VZW update - enables messaging enhancements
3 - HTC update - no desciption, link takes you to WP update FAQ

Hopefully the htc update fixes my rebooting problem.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Well that stinks. You'd think if we were grandfathered in or paying for unlimited, that's exactly what it means... Unlimited data. Doesn't matter if it is coming via phone or wifi attached laptop. It still has to go through the phone.

rebornempowered

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Well that stinks. You'd think if we were grandfathered in or paying for unlimited, that's exactly what it means... Unlimited data. Doesn't matter if it is coming via phone or wifi attached laptop. It still has to go through the phone.
I agree. I don't even get up to 250 MB most months on my unlimited plan. Wish this would have come out sooner so I could have gotten a $30 2 GB plan. Now I would have to switch to a share plan which is much more expensive than I have now.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Just finished all updates and went to use it as a hotspot and it redirects you to a page to sign up for this new service for a fee.
Let's do a search to see who called this. That eventually it would be available, but would be for a fee. Ready, set go!

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
All kidding aside, what improvements are there?
1) Internet connection sharing
2) Ability to attach multiple pics to a text message

What else?

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
All kidding aside, what improvements are there?
1) Internet connection sharing
2) Ability to attach multiple pics to a text message

What else?
I believe you can also attach videos and ringtones to a text message. Other than that, I'm not really sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12