My Trophy turns off after Tango

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok so after the update before tango, 8107?, my phone started to randomly restart itself. I know that this problem was touched upon already in a separate thread, but now my phone is just powering itself down. I will try to wake my phone and I will see the 'slide down to power off' screen. No matter what I do my phone will turn off. This is happening at least two times a day if not more and I don't use my phone heavily. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there anyone who was having the other problem I described encounter this problem yet?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I had the random reboots since the 8107 update. I actually got two replacements under warranty from Verizon and the both rebooted. Since I updated to Tango this week I haven't experienced a reboot. I'm hoping they are gone for good.

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
after playing around with the phone a little bit I believe the issue is when I press the power button to make my phone sleep it acts as if I am turning it off. Not quite sure how or why this is happening. I guess going to Verizon is my only option.

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Do you think I should try a hard reset first? I have done that before when I was experiencing those random reboots on 8107, but it never seemed to help so I am reluctant to do that now. Will Verizon want me to do that first? What was your experience?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
You can try it and see if it helps. Verizon will want you to do a reset, but if you've done that in the past tell them and they might not require you to do it again.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I am thoroughly confused right now. I reset my phone by going into 'about' in 'settings', but when I re-activated this phone the current version of the software reads 8773. I thought that when you reset the phone it went back to factory settings. Is there something that I don't know about the activation process? Either way I'll see if this helps with the random shut-offs, but I doubt it will.:dry

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
8773 is factory if you have the tango update. Resetting the phone doesn't roll the software back. Hopefully this will fix your reboots.

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
hahaha it did not fix anything. As soon as I activated my phone it turned off again on me and I have ZERO apps installed. So I guess off to Verizon I go. Thanks a lot ScottCraft.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome, hopefully Verizon can help you out. Mine hasn't rebooted since I updated to tango, so I'm pretty pleased.

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
The phone will not turn on now at all unless I take the battery out, and upon reinsertion of the battery the phone will automatically turn on. Does anyone have any idea how this could start happening after an update? I'm curious to understand what the potential reasons could be behind this behavior.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
The phone will not turn on now at all unless I take the battery out, and upon reinsertion of the battery the phone will automatically turn on. Does anyone have any idea how this could start happening after an update? I'm curious to understand what the potential reasons could be behind this behavior.

It's hard to say. It could be an application causing the problem; it could be a hardware problem; it could be a bad update download causing the problem.

I have an unbranded/unlocked GSM only Trophy from Germany and I have had "zero" problems with it. Every update has went flawless.

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok well if it is an app causing this problem it would have to be a native app because I have not installed any apps since resetting my phone. Yeah, I understand, there could be so many different reason why this is happening it just sucks.

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
So I am screwed. My manufacturers warranty is up...by a month. I am not eligible for a replacement phone and it is essentially bricked at this point. When I tried to go back to the restore point my phone was in an endless restart loop that never got to the home screen. I have to get a new phone but there is no point in getting another trophy because it won't get 8 so why bother buying another one. This is a sad day indeed. I am going to have to get another phone, maybe an Android or something.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that. I see good deals on Craigslist regularly. I bought an HTC rezound in excellent shape from swappa.com for a good price.

diplomat696

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
So I am screwed. My manufacturers warranty is up...by a month. I am not eligible for a replacement phone and it is essentially bricked at this point. When I tried to go back to the restore point my phone was in an endless restart loop that never got to the home screen. I have to get a new phone but there is no point in getting another trophy because it won't get 8 so why bother buying another one. This is a sad day indeed. I am going to have to get another phone, maybe an Android or something.
I had some issues with my focus for a while but was eventually able to get it fixed using a restore point and zune update. Try googling the issue you have with the loop and you will probably find some good information.

Obviously cannt really help much more than that but don't give up on it, I almost did with my focus but at the last minute I fixed it and rolled it back now all is good.

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Nah man I've looked pretty hard and I can't find anything concerning my problem. On the bright side I forgot about the camera button. So I will be accessing my phone from here on out through my camera button. It is literally just the power button that is non responsive, and like I said this phone has NEVER been dropped or had any water damage. This started happening right after the 8773 update.

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to wipe my phone completely and re-install a previous version of the OS? I can't power down my phone and if I take out the battery and put it back in it will turn on as well. Trying to restore my phone with the restore point feature in Zune does not work either. I feel like I am stuck here but I was wondering if someone knows of an option/method that might work.

bney0215

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
My phone has been doing this also for the last couple of weeks. It started after I dropped it on my driveway though, so I just figured that was the cause. By that afternoon though, it seemed to be working fine. Then over this prior weekend, it shut off on me a couple times, and tonight for some reason it just won't stay on. I will probably talk to Verizon tomorrow if I get a chance. I have insurance, so I may be getting a new phone. It's odd though that others are having this issue, unless it is a power button issue on the phone itself.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I did not want to start another thread. Nor hijack this one, so my apologies. The problem I am having since Tango, is the phone has rebooted twice on me.
And now it has resorted back to the old days, it does not wake upon ending a call.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium