HTC Trophy keeps rebooting

happynoodleboy

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had my trophy for about a year now and had no issues with it and I wake up this morning and the phone keeps rebooting every 8 minutes or so making it unusable. It was working perfectly last night. I have tried pulling the battery out and leaving it out for about 10 minutes then reinstalling it but it didn't help. If anyone has suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
yeah join the club. There have been a number of different threads on this topic. I would suggest factory resetting your phone if nothing else has helped.

happynoodleboy

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
The phone hasn't restarted in about an hour now so hopefully it is behaving now. I uninstalled the keep alive app since that was the last app that I installed before it started acting up. I don't know if that is what fixed it but it seems to be okay now.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Any chance you would be willing to reinstall Keep Alive and see if that is the culprit?
I've downloaded Keep Alive, but haven't run it yet. It would be handy to see if this is causing problems for the Trophy.

Duke178

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I'll reinstall it and see what happens.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

I installed the keep alive app on my lumia 900 and had the same issues re: rebooting phone. I then uninstalled the app and restarted my phone and all is well again.

Other forums are also discussing problems with this app.:mad:

happynoodleboy

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had it installed since last night and haven't had a single reset yet so I don't know if it was the app or not. I'll have to give it a few more days I guess and see what happens.

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Keeping Alive or Killing?

I've had it installed since last night and haven't had a single reset yet so I don't know if it was the app or not. I'll have to give it a few more days I guess and see what happens.

I'm interested in this now. I have an HTC Trophy myself and have recently started using the "Keep Alive" app however I have not experienced any issues or re-boots.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Thanks. I still haven't turned on Keep Alive. I wanna see more results from other Trophy users before I do.

happynoodleboy

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
The reboots started again this morning. I have uninstalled the app again and so far so good so it does appear that the app was the problem.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Keeping it Alive?

Thanks. I still haven't turned on Keep Alive. I wanna see more results from other Trophy users before I do.

I uninstalled the app as I simply don't want to incur any issues. Although my problem is that Keep Alive would only sustain my WI-FI connection for one time after locking the screen. If I locked my screen a second time the WI-Fi connection would fail to be sustained. I just felt the Keep Alive app wasn't working very well to begin with.

Any word as if it was responsible for the re-boot problems though?

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Nice I was getting pissed. I have another issue with it rebooting like if I turn my screen off directly after sending a text. It like bugs out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs