Problems after Tango?

GadgetTron

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I've been rockin my Trophy for a year and a half with minimal issues lovin the WP platform. However, since the Tango update I've been experiencing some issues that have been annoying and just plain frustrating. I've tried restarting the phone, which has alleviated most of these problems for a few days, but they usually return. Has anyone else encountered any of these?

- Funky "resuming" screen after hitting the "home" button before the live tiles show up.
- Inconsistent and unreliable cellular connections (in known full coverage areas)
- Delayed text messages that appear to "backup" on the network, and appear all at the same time.
- After hitting the power button to put the phone to sleep, the screen turns off only to turn back on.
- Voicemails appear, with no incoming calls or missed call notifications.
- Up to 25 seconds to "connect" to the network before actually placing an outgoing call.
- Alarm clocks set for different times (with different tones) all play at once.

I'd like to think that these are HTC firmware issues, or Verizon tweaks that can be fixed, and hopefully not issues with the OS itself. The unreliable cellular connection is borderline unacceptable but honestly, there is no other phone on Verizon that I would switch to right now. Here's to hoping that an update comes soon! :)

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Call Verizon customer service. My wife was having similar problems, they replaced her phone. I say call, because going to the store was pointless, they just looked at us funny and told us to call.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
- After hitting the power button to put the phone to sleep, the screen turns off only to turn back on.
This one has always been an occasional issue for me since I got my Trophy around launch (pre-Mango). It only happens about once a week so I never bothered to try getting it fixed or getting a new phone. I'm on Tango now, but none of the updates over time seem to have changed the frequency of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium