Verizon trophy: Have you gotten 7.8 yet?

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Just curious if anyone had got it yet via the Zune trick or just an automatic update. Want to know if I'm wasting my time unplugging and replugging. Thanks all :)

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have also tried repeatedly but still nothing. I don't know if I expect it any time soon since they haven't said anything about Portico for any of the Windows Phone 8 handsets yet. Or at least not that I had heard of.

rsdimba

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I waited until now and just used the cab update from XDA and updated to 7.8 and so far so good, it is working well and I am still customizing my start screen! :):grin:

JenkTJ27

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Tried several times with the Zune trick, but no luck. Resorted to XDA cabs and was successful. Works great so far. Have not tried the lock screen feature yet.

MikeB123

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I tried the Zune trick via cable pull and ipconfig/release methods a couple dozen times to no avail. It has worked for me in the past so I am guessing it is not up yet.

rsdimba

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Lockscreen using Bing image of the day works for me but I have a customized lockscreen with a different background "Metro Locscreen Creator".

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Lockscreen using Bing image of the day works for me but I have a customized lockscreen with a different background "Metro Locscreen Creator".
Ok, thank you. Wonder what I'll have to do to fix mine. When I tap "Lockscreen and wallpaper", the screen flashes and it goes back to the settings menu. :(

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok, thank you. Wonder what I'll have to do to fix mine. When I tap "Lockscreen and wallpaper", the screen flashes and it goes back to the settings menu. :(

Am I missing something here? Are you both saying that you have the 7.8 update on your Verizon Trophys?

rsdimba

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site

Go back to your backup and then redo the cab and see if it works. I put mine in Airplane mode before doing the cabs.
Also, did you put all the cabs in one shot?
I did mine one by one update, meaning from 8773 to 8779 --> 3 cab files
Then did 8779 to 8783 --> 1 cab file
Then finally 8783 to 8858 --> 4 cab files including 2 language pack (English and Spanish)

Hope this helps.

..Ramesh

Siah1214

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Go back to your backup and then redo the cab and see if it works. I put mine in Airplane mode before doing the cabs.
Also, did you put all the cabs in one shot?
I did mine one by one update, meaning from 8773 to 8779 --> 3 cab files
Then did 8779 to 8783 --> 1 cab file
Then finally 8783 to 8858 --> 4 cab files including 2 language pack (English and Spanish)

Hope this helps.

..Ramesh
Do you think airplane mode makes a difference? I just redid it your way without airplane mode and the same thing happens (lock screen settings crashes)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte