Screen flip stays flipped

Anthony Walden

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
My trophy started acting weird. When I watch YouTube or use my browser and I try to tilt my screen, it won't rotate. If I watch a clip, it will rotate, but won't rotate back unless I go to the home screen. Has anyone experienced this? I think my gyro is going because games that require tilt don't work at all! :-( I did a factory reset hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. On a side note, after doing the reset, I plugged into Zune to update it, but it said I was current, 7.10, but my phone is missing Mango options, like quick app find on the second home screen. Ideas?

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

Anthony Walden

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Code:
Thank you for the info. :-D I'm not too concerned about the tilt, don't play too many games that use it, it's just disconcerting when using the browser. I'm gonna try the upgrade tip you provided. Yes, I tried dozens of time to upgrade it, hope this works! :-D Ty again!!!

Anthony Walden

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
So my phone still has a flip problem(no biggie) and my phone finally looks like mango(happened overnight without updating, idkw), and I still can't update it to 7.8. I've heard that my trophy won't receive it so I'm considering doing it the manual way. What exactly are the downsides of doing it this way? I've heard that firmware won't updated in the future. If my trophy isn't going to receive updates anymore, I'm assuming if I do it the manual way, it shouldn't matter if the firmware doesn't updated anymore.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
The Trophy won't be getting any more updates, anyway, so you are correct there.
I haven't seen any down side from updating to 7.8 manually. The only issue i've noticed is that when you select an icon from the home screen, it's sometimes a little slow to respond and start the "roll away" of the icons and launch the app.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So my phone still has a flip problem(no biggie) and my phone finally looks like mango(happened overnight without updating, idkw), and I still can't update it to 7.8. I've heard that my trophy won't receive it so I'm considering doing it the manual way. What exactly are the downsides of doing it this way? I've heard that firmware won't updated in the future. If my trophy isn't going to receive updates anymore, I'm assuming if I do it the manual way, it shouldn't matter if the firmware doesn't updated anymore.

Even if there are updates in the future, manually updating to 7.8 won't shut you out from them. So you have nothing to worry about.

Anthony Walden

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys! I updated it manually and everything looks fine. Yes, it is a little slow opening apps, but oh well. The only thing I don't have that I've seen on others is the option in IE for starting on either Google or Bing. Other than that, working great!!!!

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys! I updated it manually and everything looks fine. Yes, it is a little slow opening apps, but oh well. The only thing I don't have that I've seen on others is the option in IE for starting on either Google or Bing. Other than that, working great!!!!

Just open Bing or Google in IE, then open the options (the ...) and select 'pin to start'

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel