I just got a refurbished HTC Trophy and so far I love love love it. The UI is freakin' gorgeous, it's a nice, solid phone, and I don't really need to go on because everyone on this forum knows all of that.

Anyway, my question, as I am currently on my 3rd iTouch with a cracked screen, how sturdy is the material used for the Trophy screen? I don't have the minor scratches that are often found on a refurb device, is it likely that it'll stay that way for a while? And if not, should I go ahead and get myself some screen protectors?
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    07-13-2013 02:46 PM
    The Trophy does not have Gorilla Glass. A screen protector may not be a bad idea if you plan on keeping it for a while.
    07-14-2013 01:28 AM
    About 26 months of heavy use of my trophy & not a single scratch on the screen. I keep it in a pants pocket by itself. There is a scratch on the corner of the device from being dropped on concrete once. I have always kept it naked. I've only dropped it a couple times of times.

If your device is anything like mine, it's very sturdy. If you've broken two other devices, I may still suggest a case. The Trophy isn't as slick as an iTouch but anything could happen.

Enjoy your new phone! I'll be upgrading in the near future. But my Trophy is, without a doubt, my most "prized" piece of technology ;). Let me know if you have any questions about the phone or OS.
    07-14-2013 01:56 AM