HTC trophy wont connect to pc/computer/tablet.

William Ng4

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
So I have had a 3 year journey with this phone and it finally called quits on me. Recently my phone has started acting up, it will not connect to the Pc and pop's up the message "device not recognised" on the task bar. Steps I have taken but still not successful:
1. factory reset
2. tried 4 different cables
3. connect to tablets, 5 computers (with zune installed)
I don't think it's something with the drivers since the computer doesn't even recognise it, It has to be something on the phone which is preventing this connection. Hence the red light at the top of the phone does not appear when connected to the computer but only appears when it is charging from any power source except a USB port on the pc.
note: the micro usb port on the phone looks perfect, no faults or deformation within the connection pins.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
So I have had a 3 year journey with this phone and it finally called quits on me. Recently my phone has started acting up, it will not connect to the Pc and pop's up the message "device not recognised" on the task bar. Steps I have taken but still not successful:
1. factory reset
2. tried 4 different cables
3. connect to tablets, 5 computers (with zune installed)
I don't think it's something with the drivers since the computer doesn't even recognise it, It has to be something on the phone which is preventing this connection. Hence the red light at the top of the phone does not appear when connected to the computer but only appears when it is charging from any power source except a USB port on the pc.
note: the micro usb port on the phone looks perfect, no faults or deformation within the connection pins.

Most likely the port on the phone is the culprit. I had the same thing at about the 2 year mark. It looks fine, but it would stop charging the battery. I eventually got another Trophy to act as a battery charger until I upgraded. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786