Phone notifications on the HTC Vive

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
I think a lot of people forget that HTC is also a phone maker, not just the maker of one of the best VR headsets on the planet. It comes to be that the minds at HTC get that you need to get phone notifications while in your VR experience of choice.

To my fellow Vive owners, the VIVE software from HTC allows Android and iOS devices to connect via the built in Bluetooth to allow notifications to appear in the FOV while in the headset.

Here's a link to the HTC Support page with FAQs about the process and how to make it work: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...wto%2Fphone-notifications.html&token=mwOmKvuZ

I would also like to see this on WMR as well. Maybe Cortana does this in WMR?

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I think a lot of people forget that HTC is also a phone maker, not just the maker of one of the best VR headsets on the planet. It comes to be that the minds at HTC get that you need to get phone notifications while in your VR experience of choice.

To my fellow Vive owners, the VIVE software from HTC allows Android and iOS devices to connect via the built in Bluetooth to allow notifications to appear in the FOV while in the headset.

Here's a link to the HTC Support page with FAQs about the process and how to make it work: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...wto%2Fphone-notifications.html&token=nyE-ZGL0

I would also like to see this on WMR as well. Maybe Cortana does this in WMR?
Great tip, thanks! Cheers

LtDarthWookie

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I know with my Windows Phone I was able to send notifications to my PC. I haven't played around with WMR but I think the notifications going to the headset would be a great idea. It just needs to be implemented well. The notifications I get on the GearVR are rather obtrusive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234