Is VR Skyrim really worth buying?

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I have the Vive since launch but was waiting for a true worth AAA game (I´ve only been playing Indy games and experiences, like Rec Room).
Is it really worth the price tag or is Fallout VR the game to get at the moment? Can someone share he´s experience?

Cheers

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
I bought Doom and Fallout VR. The answer is layered:

• If you are a fan of the franchise, then no question.
  • If you are a rabid fan of VR, then no question.
  • If you are a casual VR fan, most likely yes.

Doom VR is somewhat a reimaging of the way that Doom is played, so it's not exactly the same. FPS games have to be changed to work in VR.

Fallout and Skyrim are true ports, with a new locomotion system that works for the Vive controllers. The only "negative" that I can find is that the mod system from Bethesda isn't supported (which it can't be - that would take an army to make sure that every mod would translate to 3D).

I love Fallout in VR so much, the first time a Radscorp got behind me and hissed, I peed a little.

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I bought Doom and Fallout VR. The answer is layered:

• If you are a fan of the franchise, then no question.
  • If you are a rabid fan of VR, then no question.
  • If you are a casual VR fan, most likely yes.

Doom VR is somewhat a reimaging of the way that Doom is played, so it's not exactly the same. FPS games have to be changed to work in VR.

Fallout and Skyrim are true ports, with a new locomotion system that works for the Vive controllers. The only "negative" that I can find is that the mod system from Bethesda isn't supported (which it can't be - that would take an army to make sure that every mod would translate to 3D).

I love Fallout in VR so much, the first time a Radscorp got behind me and hissed, I peed a little.

Thanks for you answer. I tried the Doom VR and immediately demanded a refund...I was hoping for something with more graphic quality, probably because I had player the non VR version. I think I will try Fallout, then.
Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon