The system is using up most of my memory on my HTC Windows phone, how can I reduce this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

The system is using up most of my memory on my htc windows phone can i reduce this

I am getting a message up on my htc windows phone saying phone memory is low. When I check the storage it appears the system is using up most of the memory is there any way I can reduce this?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: The system is using up most of my memory on my htc windows phone can i reduce this

No, there is no way to manually reduce the total space occupied by the System files in your phone. If ever there was a way, doing so would not be recommended since those files make your phone work.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: The system is using up most of my memory on my htc windows phone can i reduce this

No, there is no way to manually reduce the total space occupied by the System files in your phone. If ever there was a way, doing so would not be recommended since those files make your phone work.

This! you should try removing the media you dont need (games, music, apps etc).. btw how many gb's does the system take up?

EGOliver

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi the system uses 2.32GB, apps and games uses 443.23MB, music and videos uses 0 bytes,pictures uses 2.08MB, maps uses 14.45MB, email and messaging uses 62.00MB, temporary files uses 664.55MB. There is 85.53MB free space. So is the only way I can use the phone with what I have on it at the moment without the low storage message is by replacing it with one with more memory. I tried to delete temporary files ( many times) the phone says it is doing it but when I check back not back not much has been deleted.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
2.32 sounds about right.. if you can add a memory card, that would solve your dilemma.. btw none of use are actually sure what those "other files" actually are....

EGOliver

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I have added a SD card but the phone only gives me the option of adding photos and music to it. I need more storage space for apps. It is beginning to look like I need a phone with bigger built in storage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven