ASCEND W1 system update

oscarxvita

May 1, 2013
Visit site
All firmware version of 53xx, 54xx of Ascend W1 can be updated to 05600,5610,or 5620 now, depending on the time your phone was made. (Chinese Us& Russia version) Fix some problems: Sound improvements, battery status improved, and fix display errors on earlier made versions, also improved camera. Add apn settings and Huawei Hub!!!

Last edited:

oscarxvita

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Saw it. Your phone is probably made on February, which only have minor problems. My w1 is a February one too. Maybe there will take sometime for your carrier to verify and bring the OTA update. The Chinese , US and Russian update allow internet sharing and apn switching.

oscarxvita

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the same firmware (5612), but I didn't have got an notice about an update (Germany). What is Huawei Hub?

Huawei hub is just a Huawei app which provide instant access to download nice app.
Maybe it will provide Huawei's app for W1 in the future.
Service may vary in different region/countries.
056xx all are currently the newest versions.

flubatastic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Any way to update this manually? if so does anyone know where the files are to do this. From the UK and would really like the network sharing.

Flubaluba

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
It is actually rather frustrating knowing that there is an update out there but that i cannot use it, yes i should be able to update to the gdpr3 or even gdpr3 in the future but i have been having small issues with the screen blacking out when making calls so i cannot change to speaker phone or enter on the keyboard, then it sorts itself out, i am sure this is a simple fix that has been resolved but i sit with the issue until Huawei decides to do something about it, i am really starting to wonder if it was a good idea to get an huawei.
Now from what i have read Microsoft will update the Microsoft software and add in the huawei updates at the same time, I just hope they don't withhold the next update until Huawei has sorted out its problems.

husyuda

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
well, your phone is O2 version, so that depends on your operator, if you like, you can flash your firmware, but not recommended.
I believe that you can at least receive gdr2 update.
I flashed my ROM. Before that i reseted my w1 and got the WLAN sharing but after i flashed its gone ... Still working it out lol

mbames

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I popped into an o2 shop at lunchtime and asked one of their Guru's, who sadly didn't know the answer.

I have unlocked my phone and I am running with an Vodafone sim, so I don't know if that will affect my ability to get an OTA update or not?

Somewhat annoyed this feature is missing, as it is even listed on the o2 website for the W1. I feel like I have been cheated out of useful features which even my old HTC Trophy 7 supported :-(

CBGfffffff

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
FYI Checked for updates last night on my wife's unlocked O2 W1 and it updated to firmware version 1030.5614.16900.20900 / OS 8.0.10327.77

tkelly0727

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
i have an o2 huawei ascend w1 and its unlocked. i just decided to check if i got a update and i did. ill post pic after because its upgrading right now :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb