For those who get their W1 market locked in china

wsuppa

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
when i press download in the eMMC Software Download, a sign says "image Download failed. Cookie (if present) not received", icant follow the rest of instruction.
thank you

Stelios Kalintzis

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I have problem with installation of this rom:
It says "Failed to connect to QPST server"
do you know why?
EDIT: I run emc download direct fron the folder: Program files> Qualcomm>QPST>bin>emmcswdownload.exe
And the problem solved, now I have gdr2 on my phone. :)

Last edited:

lupenyk

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I cannot click download mode in step 5 .."Failed to connect to QPST server...i run it as administrator and direct from folder...but still nothing :/...any solution ??? Windows 8 64bit

Vanhees Frederik

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I tried this GDR2 upgrade, however like some other people Im having problems with the Download Button turning grey after Downloading the bootloader repair config file. I really need some help since my Phone is now unable to start and even a factory reset is impossible. I do see that my status says ERROR whilst in the guide and youtube vid it says ready.

Screens with the problem in attachment
If you know how to solve this issue or how I can bring back my Phone back to factory settings Id greatlly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Frederik

Attachments

• error1.jpg
    error1.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 2
  • error2.jpg
    error2.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 17

Vanhees Frederik

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I just found a fix for this issue. I installed the USB drivers etc on a different pc, but I didnt launch the configurator so that my Phone wasnt connected to the COM, then you are able to click download and program MMC device. So for me it didnt work whilst it was saying COM 3 Phone in download mode, it worked when it was saying no device connected.

Now lets update to GDR3 xD

stradade

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
STEP 3:Fix BootLoader
W1 BOOTLOADER
W1-U00 Repair bootloader.rar_

W1-U00 Repair bootloader.rar
MD5:1B1E4217B104D3347AE7BDC5028728F9
SHA1:655C28EE20A2C13801753A3C42B381B4F59C117B

Backup Download address:
W1-U00 Repair bootloader.rar_

What's the differences between this 2?
Which one i have to use ?

I find this rom
W1-U00_1030.5614.00000.06030_Western_Europe.05011L
which have the same name that i have in my phone... is this rom ok ??
thx

freakyrob14

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
i thought my w1 is a garbage until i saw this forum! a new hope :) huawei has poor after sales support! they instruct me go to huawei service center and they don't know how to update their own windows phone product LOL

freakyrob14

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
can anyone help me i already flash my rom to U.S rom but still when i try to update my phone it said my os is latest CAN ANYONE HELP ME HOW TO UPDATE MY PHONE TO GDR3?

kennethcorrea23

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
i'm worried about the metal you put on the device..it may have a ground?. i will use stainless steel tweezers...it is safe to put the metal with inserted battery. I've watch the video tutorial but i'm just worried because it is my first time to do this.please reply just to make sure it will work..thanks

LukSrn

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I just found a fix for this issue. I installed the USB drivers etc on a different pc, but I didnt launch the configurator so that my Phone wasnt connected to the COM, then you are able to click download and program MMC device. So for me it didnt work whilst it was saying COM 3 Phone in download mode, it worked when it was saying no device connected.

Now lets update to GDR3 xD

papalakaka

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have just tried flashing a ROM on the Ascend W1 and I am getting an error, which has oviously rendered my device unusable.
I was working with eMMC Software Download app, activated "Program Boot Loaders" and loaded a XML-file. Then I clicked on Download, as shown in the first post. I got the message:"Download completed - no errors detected" and my device is correctly recognized as Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9006. In the eMMC Software Download app it is listed as Qualcomm MMC Storage USB Device, which should also be correct. Still, the device status is shown simply as "error" instead of "writable".
What does this mean and could anyone who has experience with this issue please help me out?

Best regards,
papalakaka

freakyrob14

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
HI i already did the instruction and i already successfully flash my ascend w1 phone. The problem is......... the reason why i flash my rom to update my phone to gdr2/gdr3 but still no update can anyone provide me a link to other rom that i can update my phone VIA OTA..... PLEASE..... my phone is always freezing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb