2nd Phone, 3rd Problem. Microphone gone pop (Well, I think.)

Hodgsonn

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I'm the proud but annoyed owner of a cyan huawei w1 on the o2 network in the UK.
I'd like to tell you my story before presenting my problem:
My parents purchased my w1 to replace my iPhone 4 and after my exampls I recieved it as a gift , everything was good until 3 days into ownership when the battery decided to not charge so we took it pack and they accused the USB wire of causing the issue but truth behold we got home and put in charge and BANG the battery had melted and destoryed the back of my device so we went back (all in the same day) and recieved a replacement which was a brand new W1. Now I was happy with my replacement until 2 days into ownership and then...

Well the current problem is when I record video or make calls I get this really annoying and unbearable ticking/distorted noise. It's incredibly loud and when calls are made people can't hear me and last time I checked this means my phone is almost useless.:cry:

So.. Is anyone experincing the same and/or has anyone got any fixes or things I could try to fix the device.
Thank you for your help, and it'd be good to see if anyone else has suffered problems with there W1 or if this is software.

BTW: I've reset the device, and checked the setting and the problem isn't the speakers as it plays music just fine.

daniel_sherlock

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I also had issues with the call quality, people reported hearing popping and cracking. Tried a replacement phone people no longer complain. I think due to the cheapness of these phones they will have issues like this. You can try to get another replacement, try a different 02 store maybe can get one from a different batch. Both phones I have owned have had an issue sometimes when playing sound it becomes distorted, to fix I lock the phone and unlock, fixes it for me

Dan

oscarxvita

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I'm the proud but annoyed owner of a cyan huawei w1 on the o2 network in the UK.
I'd like to tell you my story before presenting my problem:
My parents purchased my w1 to replace my iPhone 4 and after my exampls I recieved it as a gift , everything was good until 3 days into ownership when the battery decided to not charge so we took it pack and they accused the USB wire of causing the issue but truth behold we got home and put in charge and BANG the battery had melted and destoryed the back of my device so we went back (all in the same day) and recieved a replacement which was a brand new W1. Now I was happy with my replacement until 2 days into ownership and then...

Well the current problem is when I record video or make calls I get this really annoying and unbearable ticking/distorted noise. It's incredibly loud and when calls are made people can't hear me and last time I checked this means my phone is almost useless.:cry:

So.. Is anyone experincing the same and/or has anyone got any fixes or things I could try to fix the device.
Thank you for your help, and it'd be good to see if anyone else has suffered problems with there W1 or if this is software.

BTW: I've reset the device, and checked the setting and the problem isn't the speakers as it plays music just fine.
Also seen this problem on official Chinese forums, some because of system(054xx), some because of mic.Better return for a new one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo