Huawei W1 stuck at sad face after trying to install speech/language pack

Menno Martens

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I've been spending my night on the internet trying to figure out how I can get rid of this sad face on the screen of my Huawei W1, but nothing seems to be working. I tried hard reset already, even different key combinations than described and all it will do is restart and get back to the same spinning axles and then the sad face. In most threads I've seen here, the owner either sends it back to get it repaired or no solution is given. Honestly I don't feel like sending it back and waiting for several weeks, I need to get it fixed very soon. Now is my question... I know this is probably not fully legal to be done by normal consumers but after searching for a while I have found out about a way to flash the phone myself and re-installing the OS by getting into the emergency Qualcomm mode, what can go wrong by doing this or what should I avoid so that my phone keeps working. If any of you know better ways to fix this problem, I'd be delighted to hear your suggestions

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Menno Martens

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Bought this phone in the beginning of july, so I guess it is still in warranty. but untill now in my life, I've never cared about warranty or such things. I just went to a shop that repairs/unlocks phones, the lady there told me she had to re-install the software because it might be damaged by the installation of the language/speech pack. she will probably do exactly what I was planning to do, I will see her in 1 hour and hope for the best.

I got to this sad face by downloading a language speech pack. After it finished downloading I postponed to install it, a few days later it reminded me on the installation and it needed a reboot in order to finish. As usually I saw the Huawei image and followed by two spinning axles, this followed by the sad face.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
If a phone is in warranty, never visit an unauthorised store, I understand she may be best at what she is doing but many companies can just shrug their shoulders because your phone was sitting in a shop that it shouldn't have been.

Menno Martens

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I've been told to come back tomorrow, and yes.. I realised that the store might be unauthorised, but still more experienced than me. Apparently she has 'contacts' for this and access to firmware of phone brands, let's see how this ends. I will post the news tomorrow...hopefully on my fixed Windows Phone

Menno Martens

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I just did it, it's working well untill now. Sadly I have to keep my region on US even though I live in Spain, otherwise I can't donwload applications/games
For others having the same problem, with Hauwei W1 or other Windows Phone devices... although it is not the best option, this is a solution for this 'sad face' error if a hard reset isn't working.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I just did it, it's working well untill now. Sadly I have to keep my region on US even though I live in Spain, otherwise I can't donwload applications/games
For others having the same problem, with Hauwei W1 or other Windows Phone devices... although it is not the best option, this is a solution for this 'sad face' error if a hard reset isn't working.

I hate chinese phones, tied to their terms :(, am glad you fixed it :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12