My speaker randomly stopped working ( Help!!! )

Berkay Kaya

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I woke up in the morning with my alarm not ringing then i tried to play some music which also doesnt work even though everything is on full volume and so i tried to factory default the phone and i tried again but it still doesnt work ? Is it a bug or is my phone officialy F*********

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried using headphones? Do you hear any sound through headphones?

If you hear sound through headphones but not through the speaker, you might want to insert and remove the headphones a few times and see if the speaker works again. Perhaps some debris got inside the headphone socket and the device "thinks" headphones are being used even though they're not.

Berkay Kaya

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Yep with headphones everything works perfectly, but i tried the headphone pushing in and out but there is no help in making the speaker work, what really makes me sad is that this device was took back several times in the first week and they replaced it countless times until i got a working one but in a few months this happened :(

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yep with headphones everything works perfectly, but i tried the headphone pushing in and out but there is no help in making the speaker work, what really makes me sad is that this device was took back several times in the first week and they replaced it countless times until i got a working one but in a few months this happened :(

I'd recommend another warranty exchange in that case.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I have this same problem. I unplugged my headphones one day and then connected to Bluetooth. No sound comes through Bluetooth or the speakers. Some sounds still come through like alerts and alarms. But no media.

When I play music over headphones and then unplug the headphones the music still plays silently. I have to click pause. I haven't hard reset yet. I am waiting for ATT GDR2. If that doesn't fix it I'll have it replaced.

Bertha Lee

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I had this same problem, no alarms and no media, but I could still make phone calls.
I read this thread and plugged my headphones in overnight and turned it up really loud because I needed to wake up for an exam the next morning.
My alarm rang a few times and then I unplugged it and it started working again miraculously.
I'm not exactly sure what happened it may have been debris that was in the headphone jack.
I now have tape over the hole.

I hope this helps some people.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss