Duplicated photos, screen auto-rotate & gdr2 update

Stephen Siloma

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, pardon my poor English. I have the Huawei Ascend W1 4Afrika and I have problems in the following areas:
- There is a massive duplication of photos in the camera roll folder, I get even 8 copies of one photo in the folder, I have searched this entire forum and I have not seen it solved unless you upgrade to GDR2. I have tried all ways including formatting SD card, buying a new one, and resetting the phone.
- I cannot make the screen not to auto-rotate esp when am lying in bed.
- I want to flash this ROM to upgrade to GDR2 but I have found no English site. Many sites are languages I cannot understand. Please if anyone has a solution esp in upgrading to GDR2 an English tutorial. I'll be more than glad. Feel free to email me on s.siloma@gmail.com. Thanks.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The issue with the photos I think can only be fix by updating to GDR2.

To keep your phone from rotating you will need to update to GDR3 which there is an setting for screen rotate to lock it into position.

And finally you really would be best to upgrade to GDR3 and skip GDR2, I don't know of any site to install the ROM for this from however if you create a developer account you can update the device to GDR3 by getting the developers account then downloading the developer preview app.

Get GDR3 today: Microsoft announces Windows Phone Preview for Developers | Windows Phone Central

Download the Preview for Developers and get GDR3 right now | Windows Phone Central

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss