Gdr2 update on Huawei W1

bbarr1982

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Below, please see the response that I received from Straight Talk (Also keep in mind that they ended the chat before I was done asking questions!!!)

Please wait while your chat is routed to the next available agent.

Catherine: Thank you for visiting Live Chat. My name is Catherine, how may I assist you today?

Barbara: I'm wondering when my Huawei H883g W1 Windows Phone will be able to receive the GDR2 and/or GDR3 update. I'm constantly checking for new updates and it keeps telling me my phone is up-to date.

Catherine: Please give me one moment to check your account.

Catherine: Please be advised that you can only update the software/firmware version of your phone once available.

Barbara: ok....when will it be available?

Catherine: We don’t have any specific dates, Barbara. Firmware updates are sometimes provided by a company as a way to fix bugs or introduce new functionality.

Barbara: There are other's who have the exact same phone I do and they've already updated to GDR3 and are ready and waiting for the Windows Phone 8.1 update

Catherine: We don't send software updates, Barbara. Please refer to your phone's manufacturer.

Catherine: If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-430-CELL (2355). For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. Thank you for chatting with Straight Talk Wireless. Have a good day.

Chat has ended

****UPDATE****

Here is another conversation that clearly give us an answer:

Please wait while your chat is routed to the next available agent.

Javier: Good day! My name is Javier. How can I help you today?

Barbara: Well, I was speaking to a lady named Catherine, but she ended the chat abruptly before I was finished with my questions

Barbara: Needless to say, I am very unhappy with the way i've been treated

Barbara: I wanted to know why I'm not able to update my phone to GDR2 and/or GDR3

Barbara: Other people with the exact same phone I have (with other service providers) have already updated their phones to GDR3 and are waiting to update to the Windows Phone 8.1

Barbara: Are you there?

Javier: yes.

Javier: Alloe me for a moment while check for that information

Barbara: ok

Ashley: Thank you for visiting Chat Support. My name is Ashley, how may I assist you today?

Barbara: Ok....now you're the third person that I have been moved to

Barbara: I wanted to know why I'm not able to update my phone to GDR2 and/or GDR3<br><br>Other people with the exact same phone I have (with other service providers) have already updated their phones to GDR3 and are waiting to update to the Windows Phone 8.1

Ashley: We do not support that, Barbara.

Barbara: May I please ask why?

Ashley: Please refer to your phone's manufacturer.

Ashley: We don't have hold over those.

Barbara: I was told by Microsoft & the people at Huawei that its up to the service providers

Ashley: We are only responsible for the phone to work in call, text, and browsing.

Barbara: So there is no plan to offer the updates?

Barbara: And also, if I wanted the update, could I purchase a new phone with the updates?

Ashley: Please refer to your phone's manufacturer.

Barbara: Do you offer phone with the new updates?

Barbara: ma'am?

Ashley: We don't, Barbara.

Barbara: oh....ok

Barbara: I'll be sure to pass along this info....Thank you very much for all your help.

Barbara: Have a great day :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism