Who has a Huawei MateBook?

What's the good, the bad and the ugly? How long have you had it and what do you think?

Put your User Review here to help others. The more detail the better, we really appreciate hearing how it performs in the field.

Looking forward to hearing all about your experience!
    06-28-2016 10:22 AM
    Build Quality: 5 out 5 Stars
    Taking functionality and features out of the picture, the quality of the body, screen, and accessories are very good. The device looks and feels premium, while staying within a reasonable price range.

Display: 5 out of 5 Stars
    The display offers great color and resolution. The thin bezel around the display gives the Matebook a desirable look and feel.

Body: 5 out of 5 Stars
    The Matebook is extremely thin and light. I thought I would immediately notice heat issues, but have yet to notice any. When feeling an SP4 and the Matebook side by side, the SP4 feels fat.

Features: 3 out of 5
    Here is where the Matebook appears to fail in some implementations, though it also exceeds in some.
    1. The 360 finger print reader is awesome, extremely fast, extremely convenient, and much more preferred over the SP4's facial recognition.
    2. I love USB Type C...but only one that you have to share with power and other accessories is annoying beyond belief. My recomendation is to get one of these: http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01D0WE99C
    This fancy little device will give you the ability to charge the Matebook, while expanding the number of available USB ports to 3. Seems extreme? Take into consideration that even with this device as a now permanent member of your power supply, your Matebook power supply still will take up considerably less real estate than the SP4's OEM charger.
    3. No where to mount the Stylus on the table itself.
    4. No rear facing camera, but has a 5 MP front facing camera. The rear facing camera on my SP4 is more of a nuisance to me anyway, so this isn't a big deal...for me anyway.
    5. I like the locations of the Power and volume buttons better than the SP4.

Accessories: 3 out of 5 Stars
    The Stylus is a pretty good device. It offers a laser pointer and Replaceable tips. The tips are rounded, and may offer less accuracy than the SP4. The performance of the stylus is good, and works very well. My biggest complaint is that there is not an eraser like the SP4 stylus.

The folio keyboard is almost a necessity if you want anything more than a tablet. The keyboard reminds me of the SP3 type keyboard. Keys are too close, but you can still effectively type with it. The touchpad is pretty nice, larger than the SP4's touchpad, and offering the same quality and performance.

The none keyboard non touch pad portion of the folio cover is where things turn ugly. You need it for a kick stand, but you get 2 good positions out of it. And only one solid position that doesn't risk the is all collapsing in on itself. And the mounting location for your stylus is right smack in the middle of it all, making the case sometimes annoying and awkward to hold, fold, and use. The redeeming quality of the folio case is its appearance, but looks are not everything, and in this case may be a hindrance.

Haven't got my hands on the dock yet, so no comment.

The Wrap Up: Average of 4 out 5 Stars
    Overall it is a great device. So far the performance is spot on, it does what I need it to when I need it, but I haven't tried anything super intensive yet. The Matebook is a solid device as long as you can look past or work around the downsides. And I have yet to have the super annoying and crippling power issues that plague the SP4. (knock on wood)
    SZQnl, Joe920, mikepas and 4 others like this.
    07-13-2016 09:53 AM
    Thanks for your review! I'm still on the fence...

Let us know how the battery life is after you've had a chance to use it for a few days. Most reviews have been very negative with battery life, compared to the TabPro S at least.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-14-2016 12:54 AM
    The Wrap Up: Average of 4 out 5 Stars
    Overall it is a great device. So far the performance is spot on, it does what I need it to when I need it, but I haven't tried anything super intensive yet. The Matebook is a solid device as long as you can look past or work around the downsides. And I have yet to have the super annoying and crippling power issues that plague the SP4. (knock on wood)
    Great review. Thanks!
    RumoredNow and Guytronic like this.
    07-23-2016 01:06 PM
    Battery life has been good. The only comparable device I have is the SP4, which I assume would outlast the Matebook, but because of the poor power management in the SP4 really is crap since I can't use sleep mode. The Matebook does great in sleep mode, and for sure out performs the SP4 in that department.
    09-12-2016 03:09 PM
    I just got one last Friday and I'm really liking it. I got the base m3 model with the Portfolio Keyboard and the MateDock. I'll probably ask for the MatePen for Christmas.

So far I'm impressed with it. It's light weight with a very nice looking display. The battery life has been pretty good so far. I've been able to use it for a good 4-6 hours on a charge. The only time I've noticed it struggling was when I was trying to download ten large .cbz files at once. I was plugged in for this.

This is replacing my Acer r13 ultrabook convertible. So far it easily feels as fast as my Acer.
    10-31-2016 04:27 PM