Has anybody installed the W10 Creators update on the original matebook?

TechnoMax

May 1, 2017
Visit site
I did a clean install of 1703. But first I made a backup of all installed drivers with DoubleDriver. Meanwhile I even upgraded to Windows 10 Pro with a Windows 7 Pro Product Key.

TechnoMax

May 1, 2017
Visit site
I have tried it and with success.
I even cloned another Notebook installation with additional software to the Matebook via AOMEI Backupper. Of course I used Double Driver to save the drivers of the Matebook before I made a restore with AOMEI. I even upgraded this 1703 Windows Home version to the Pro one using the generic Product Key in the first upgrade step and then aktivated the installation with a old Windows 7 Pro key.

TechnoMax

May 1, 2017
Visit site
By the way: Both the universal restore to differrent hardware than the one on which the backup was made with AOMEI and the use of Double Driver were a first for me and both went through without any hassles. Even the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro was a first for me and I was astonished that it took considerably less time than a new complete Windows install from USB.

Bryan Lucas

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the original base m3 Matebook. Ever since I updated to creator I've had random problems with both the touch and fingerprint reader. I get random cutouts of both.

In the middle of using it the touchscreen will just stop working for 30 seconds or more. The styus and track pad on the keyboard cover still work fine. I also notice this problem on wake.

Sometimes on wake it seems to be bogged down and won't respond to the fingerprint reader. I don't even get the error that it didn't work.

I took it in to the MS store and they updated drivers and firmware. In the months since this hasn't provided any lasting fix.

TechnoMax

May 1, 2017
Visit site
My M3-Notebook has random Bluetooth problems. As this damn device only has a single USB connection I have to use a bluetooth mouse and keyboard. When the get lost it helps to attach a USB mouse (with an adapter of course) and let Windows show the Bluetooth devices. This renews the connections.

Flip Tomas

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
I have the original base m3 Matebook. Ever since I updated to creator I've had random problems with both the touch and fingerprint reader. I get random cutouts of both.

In the middle of using it the touchscreen will just stop working for 30 seconds or more. The styus and track pad on the keyboard cover still work fine. I also notice this problem on wake.

Sometimes on wake it seems to be bogged down and won't respond to the fingerprint reader. I don't even get the error that it didn't work.

I took it in to the MS store and they updated drivers and firmware. In the months since this hasn't provided any lasting fix.

Hi Bryan, I know it's been some time since your post, and this isn't about the fingerprint reader, but your problems with an intermittent touch screen. Did you have any success in finding a fix for it? Just that a few weeks ago, after nearly 2 years with my Matebook, I started having the same problem with the touchscreen that you describe. Any comments appreciated. Thanks, Flip

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster