Live

Black Friday deal team is live right now!

Check out the hottest Black Friday Deals!

Expand Minimize
    Tips and Tricks that users have to make the Matebook function better or help fix issues posted in other threads.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-13-2016 11:24 AM
    Does anyone have an external battery that works with the Matebook USB-C? My Macbook derived solutions are failing.

It charges against its own charger and the Macbook 12 charger. It utterly ignores both the Anker E7 (which charges the macbook fine through the A to C cable) and the RAVPower 20100mAh (which also charges the macbook fine, directly via USB-C -- but does not charge the Matebook over C or over the A quickcharge w/converter). I'm reluctant to spend on more batteries after two failures.

This is a huge usability thing for me. I love the matebook due to its form factor but the lack of external battery options makes it a secondary to the macbook (at best). This would be true even if the matebook battery life were awesome (I run VMs for work). If there's a battery that has worked for others...anything...

If this is in the wrong part of the forum please move or delete as needed -- I figured an external battery is definitely a tip and a trick...
    Alex Lander likes this.
    07-29-2016 01:39 PM
    I'm suffering from this too... and it looks like there's no power bank that would work with the Matebook :(
    Here's what Huawei says about it:
    ---- Can I use the power bank for my phone to charge the MateBook?
    ---- No, because the MateBook uses the PD quick charging protocol, which is currently not supported by any power banks on the market.
    @ http://consumer.huawei.com/en/suppor...x.htm?id=98810
    09-10-2016 05:26 AM
    Has anyone had any luck on the portable battery front? I've been looking and I just don't see anything that has the same V/A combinations as the charger included charger.

I noticed that the Anker PowerCore+ 20100 has a USB C port built in. It says"Capable of charging the new MacBook at 5V/2.4A" and my MateBook charger says 5V/2A, 9V/2A, and 12V/2A. It looks like it could possibly meet the low end charging of the MateBook.
    11-02-2016 10:43 AM
    Hi Brian,
    Unfortunately Anker PowerCore+ 20100 doesn't work with the Matebook and actually no portable batteries will work because Matebook will only charge from a source that provides 12V/2A output (based on what I've learned from the Huawei support). I hope they design/release a brand new power bank supporting the Matebook soon....
    by the way - just in case you need it, Jessica said that it will charge from Macbook 12 in-wall charger, and I was able to test and confirm it. This is in case you need a spare charger.
    11-02-2016 11:58 AM
    The RAVPower 26800mAh backup battery is stated on Amazon to feature USB Power Delivery, which is the missing feature that Huawei support identified previously. According to a on Youtube the RAVPower 26800 mAh backup battery appears to work with the Matebook. The video is in Chinese so there is a chance the guy is saying something else but the visuals certainly seem calculated to give the impression it charges the Matebook. I am seriously considering buying one (as I sit here in another neighbourhood wide power black out predicted to last 24 hours, in this formerly first world city).
    01-19-2017 08:32 PM
    Thanks for the update! The video looks promising, hope it's not fake :)
    Please keep us in the loop on this, I'll buy one if it works with the Matebook :)

Thoughts:
    The RAVPower 26800mAh is capable of 5v output only while (I think) the Matebook wants more, and I would better consider this https://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-2300...pUvbUpU3617980 one which looks more universal based on its description.
    Last edited by Alex Lander; 01-20-2017 at 07:06 PM. Reason: a typo
    01-20-2017 06:33 AM
    Thanks for the update! The video looks promising, hope it's not fake :)
    Please keep us in the loop on this, I'll buy one if it works with the Matebook :)

Thoughts:
    The RAVPower 26800mAh is capable of 5v output only while (I think) the Matebook wants more, and I would better consider this https://www.amazon.com/RAVPower-2300...pUvbUpU3627844 one which looks more universal based on its description.
    IINM there are two version of RAVPower 26800, one with USB-PD support and the other without USB-PD (means only 5V output). really hope somebody could verify that USB-PD version is working with matebook because i'm planning to buy one.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LRQDAEI

for 23000mAh, eventhough it have a desirable voltage, it might not work because it will require adapter.
    02-14-2017 11:12 AM
    For those looking for an extra power adapter, I have tried several but these two are definitely the best I have tried thus far.

These work well with or without the MateDock. I was able to use it reliably to power an external HDD, flashdrive, and maintain charging on the tablet.

http://a.co/8Yzj182 30W QC 3.0 +Type-C/PD Wall Charger
    This one is close to the size of the OEM charger.

http://a.co/0geQWgm
    This one is large, large than I was expecting. But it does the job and provides an added USB charging port.
    03-21-2017 11:19 PM
    Are there any powerbanks which will (confirmed) work with the matebook?
    03-23-2017 03:52 PM
    It seems that the new Anker powerbank could do the trick:
    Anker PowerCore+ 26800mAh Powerbank
    Available at Amazon
    On a leading German Tech Site they quote Anker: "Das Huawei Matebook ist in 1 Stunde und 42 Minuten aufgeladen." Some 15 minutes faster than with the original charger as I read elsewhere
    05-01-2017 12:00 PM
    Have you tried this power bank? I'm glad I found this forum before buying a normal powerbank.
    05-30-2017 09:26 AM
    I can confirme that the RAVPOWER XTREME 26800MAH TYPE-C POWERBANK actually charges the huawei matebook 5^^
    I just got mine in the mail and it is charging my matebook=)
    09-27-2017 05:15 AM
    Does anybody know an USB-C hub with Power Delivery that can power an attached Matebook? A lot of the available ones even cannot charge Mac Books but Matebooks are never mentioned. Before I spend another €50 I would like to know of course.
    10-30-2017 10:03 PM