Let's report Instagram...

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
So, I decided to use the "report" to Microsoft option against Instagram Beta in the store.

I wrote...
"It's been a year and a half since this app was updated and it still carries a "beta" tag. Tell them to update it or pull it. It's garbage."

I think it would be awesome if we could get a lot of people to do this.

Frankly, I don't need it because I doubt it would ever be as good as 6tag anyway... but, it's the principle of the matter. I'm just disgusted at how the situation turned out. A very Mary Antoinette situation.

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Even though I'm completely happy with 6tag, which is a better app then the official on iOS & droid! There should be a clause for app Devs in the store so they must keep updating and Supporting otherwise.....its pulled! I wonder how well on the other platforms it's supported?

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Even though I'm completely happy with 6tag, which is a better app then the official on iOS & droid! There should be a clause for app Devs in the store so they must keep updating and Supporting otherwise.....its pulled! I wonder how well on the other platforms it's supported?

This is actually in the store rules. They've already pulled apps that have shown more dedication than Instagram.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Why you go ranting against Instagram? Did you even do some research or just started a riot against them?
Let me tell you the real story. This info you can get from any dev out there that is struggling with Windows Phone.
The photos API which includes rendering/uploading/modifying pictures on Windows Phone sucks! It is so badly written that Rudy had to make his own algorithm to make the images look sharp for 6tag.
You know what's even more sad? Windows 10 Mobile has the same stupid API, you won't get Instagram, not now, not soon.
Blame Microsoft for their laziness or lack of knowledge in developing true and powerful API.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Why you go ranting against Instagram? Did you even do some research or just started a riot against them?
Let me tell you the real story. This info you can get from any dev out there that is struggling with Windows Phone.
The photos API which includes rendering/uploading/modifying pictures on Windows Phone sucks! It is so badly written that Rudy had to make his own algorithm to make the images look sharp for 6tag.
You know what's even more sad? Windows 10 Mobile has the same stupid API, you won't get Instagram, not now, not soon.
Blame Microsoft for their laziness or lack of knowledge in developing true and powerful API.

I am a developer... so hold on, let me ask myself... yep, still feel the same way.

Bringing Rudy and his development of 6tag into the argument only strengthens my point - it can be done and done well. All it takes is the slightest of commitment, something that Instagram has shown none of. As I said, over a year and a half without a single update or even acknowledgement of an effort.

Also, I'm not demanding they complete their app (how foolish would that be?). I am calling for some action though, even if that is puling the app from the store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05