I love ie11 on my surface pro 2. But many people have strong criticisms towards IE. What do you guys think? I think it has improved greatly from IE6, so people should try IE11 and see how good it is. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-12-2014 11:17 AM
    I use it primarily on the desktop side of my Surface Pro but I love it. I've stopped using Chrome altogether.

I still have one issue where if I have 2 IE browsers open (not tabs, individual browsers) and I have one on my Surface screen and the other on my external monitor, it will constantly change the zoom size of IE my Surface screen. I have it set to 125% but I will go over to the external monitor, work there, then come back to the Surface screen and it will resize to 188%. I'll fix it back to 125% and when I come back it will be at 88%. Drives me nuts, and I'm sure it's a me thing, but can't figure out how to keep them the same...for full disclosure, this may have something to do with a specific work related website I have to log into to do some work. It doesn't seem to happen when I'm in anything else, or at least nearly as much.

Otherwise, I have never understood the much maligned IE experience, short of a very vocal few who want to be able to add a dozen extensions and widgets and such, and IE just clamps down on that. If that's the complaint, not sure I'm getting it.
    02-12-2014 11:28 AM
    I used to hate old IE (like up to 8 or 9) but it has gotten much better, and with 11 I will never touch another browser again! (except maybe 12)!
    02-12-2014 11:33 AM
    I constantly see funny meme's criticizing IE, but I really like the newer versions. It's still seen as the "cumbersome" king of the hill in terms of browsers so it's easy to pick on it. I only use Chrome at work because the standard at work is IE8 (due to legacy apps).
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    02-12-2014 11:37 AM