I've got at least one problem that is IE, and another problem that I don't think is IE, but I'll mention it anyway. I'm on vacation, so I haven't had time to troubleshoot. This has been one of the busiest vacations I've ever had. I'm going to need a week off to recuperate from it.

First, I noticed the other night that I am no longer able to paste into the forum here on WPCentral. I haven't had time to try other forums, so I don't know if this is the only one or not. I can paste into Firefox just fine, but IE is my browser of choice, and I only use Firefox for sites that don't work in IE. I can paste into facebook, but not here on WPCentral.

The other problem has to do with videos shot on my Lumia 928. I've taken several videos while on vacation. I cannot play these files on my SP2, though they work for my wife, no problem. I just get a generic "can't play" type error when it tries to open in Windows Media Player. There was a number to the error in XBox Video, but I didn't have time to figure it out. When I go to my OneDrive, I can see the videos, the thumbnail opens, and after a pause, I get a message that I can't play the video. If I upload from the phone to facebook, I can watch the video, but there is no audio, though others have no problem viewing the video or hearing the audio, including my wife on her Yoga 11S (Same OS, same browser - 8.1 with IE 11).

So to summarize, I cannot play the videos from the original file or through OneDrive web player, and on facebook I can not hear audio, while others have no problems with either the original file on OneDrive or the audio on facebook.

Grrrrr.... Microsoft, just make it work!
    03-04-2014 05:55 PM
    New twist. Now my wife gets no audio from any of the videos, including ones she was able to hear before, on facebook using her Yoga 11S with 8.1. She can hear them playing from Facebook on phone, though. This has to be either Windows or IE.
    03-04-2014 08:42 PM
    Ok - the problem with the videos not playing audio is resolved. I hadn't noticed it but no sound was working on the PC, so that's why I got no audio on the files played from facebook, and the corrupted drivers must have kept Windows Media Player from working to play the files. I downloaded and installed the Realtek HD audio driver and installed it, problem solved.

I don't have any idea how that would affect pasting into the browser, or if it is just coincidence, but now all of a sudden I can paste into the browser. It's weird.
    03-05-2014 11:10 PM