I really want to use IE11... but...

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
As the title says, I really want to use IE11. I like how fast it starts, the rendering, etc. Plus, I'm a professional web developer and this version is great!

...but...

When many tabs are opened (under 10) it's starts slowing down. The "This tab stopped working. Restore Tab" message pops up quite a lot. It becomes sluggish. With one tab, it's great. But more than that, it starts going awry.

The only addons I have are Java, AdBlock Plus and Disconnect. But I've tried without any (resetting completely IE) and then it's worst. So much so that I prefer to use the memory hog that is Firefox!

Does anyone have any advice on how to make IE more usable?

Thank you!

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
The only addons I have are Java, AdBlock Plus and Disconnect. But I've tried without any (resetting completely IE) and then it's worst. So much so that I prefer to use the memory hog that is Firefox!

Thank you!

We have disconnect for IE11? Well, I'm done with Firefox and Chrome

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I cant find disconnect for IE, can you give a link?
adblock plus doesn't work correctly for me , I just use tracking protection instead.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
4GB should be enough. Heck, I open more than 10 tabs on machines with 2GB. Something else going on. Wish I knew what it was.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
The link doesn't appear as it did on Friday but here it is: https://s3.amazonaws.com/releases.disconnect.me/IE/Disconnect.exe . It actually runs as half a Windows Service half an IE add-on and the manager is in the tray instead of inside the browser. As for AdBlock I think they updated it because it's seems to be working well now.

As far as adding memory, I do have 4 gb of RAM already and 8 gb at work. :confused:
thanks for the link. I tried adblockplus again, no go, completely breaks IE for me(maybe my settings are too strict).

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to post in this thread, but either in metro or desktop sometimes while browsing this forum, I'm unable to scroll up or down. In other sites this scrolling works great. Is it a coding problem of the site?

BadIntentVG

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to post in this thread, but either in metro or desktop sometimes while browsing this forum, I'm unable to scroll up or down. In other sites this scrolling works great. Is it a coding problem of the site?

I also want to know this. Sometimes I can't scroll at all on YouTube.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site

its a bug. Click through your open tabs untill you can scroll again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers