When will IE12 launch?

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
IE11 RTM launched 9 months ago, When 8.1 build RTM was compiled.

W8.1.1 is officially launching in ~2 weeks and we'll be using 11.0.7.

Here's hoping that Microsoft announces something about IE12 at Build. Personally, I honestly don't know how ANY developers can further speed up browsing speeds, but maybe Microsoft will add some new useful features or remove/adjust some long standing "eh" things. (adding a bookmark bar is SO complicated compared to other browsers)

bills pies

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
IE11 RTM launched 9 months ago, When 8.1 build RTM was compiled.

W8.1.1 is officially launching in ~2 weeks and we'll be using 11.0.7.

Here's hoping that Microsoft announces something about IE12 at Build. Personally, I honestly don't know how ANY developers can further speed up browsing speeds, but maybe Microsoft will add some new useful features or remove/adjust some long standing "eh" things. (adding a bookmark bar is SO complicated compared to other browsers)

Knowing Microsoft's awful release strategy where IE is concerned, I think it will be released either when Windows Phone and Windows RT are combined, or when Windows 9 is released this fall

Studio384

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Just for your information, a little bit late perhaps: but at Build, Microsoft DID announce Internet Explorer 12. They told us some of the new features that are coming, through that's it. They didn't show us anything, or gave is a date, or... anyway, today, Windows.next build 6.3.9740 showed up in some developers app logs, and it's now claimed that we will se a beta of the next Windows this month (15 May to be exact, Wzor - [102] :: ????? :: ???????????? ????? Ru.Board). And if it's true or not, we are going to see IE12 show up in the next beta of Windows. And if there is no Windows beta, expect a IE12 beta for Windows 8.1 in May or June, as Microsoft probably want to get IE12 out in the wild before Patch Tuesday of January 2015, to make IE12 the last Internet Explorer release for Windows 7.

Sumit8

May 5, 2012
Visit site
well, the beta obviously did not come out.
And what should be improved in IE12 OP asks? Standards!
Especially on Windows Phone, lots of CSS properties are still awefully implemented. The Developer Tools in IE11 are good, but nothing - and i mean NOTHING - compared to the dev tools of Chrome.
Of course, i finally want more extensions in IE12.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans