Flash for mobile devices..

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I know Apple blocked flash from their devices, and Adobe got butthurt and then just stopped all flash development for mobile devices, but why? Why make a move to prevent your technology from becoming outdated as fast? Did Apple pay them off? I don't see why they would do this. I mean, I know HTML5 is the way to go, but if mobile devices had flash then the push away from it wouldn't be as strong. I just don't understand, could someone please explain it to me?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a feeling all Flash will be dead soon, even desktop Flash. Adobe is one of the top vendors of products with security flaws, mainly due to Flash. I'm sure Adobe would like to not make the top 10 malware vulnerability list sooner rather than later.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a feeling all Flash will be dead soon, even desktop Flash. Adobe is one of the top vendors of products with security flaws, mainly due to Flash. I'm sure Adobe would like to not make the top 10 malware vulnerability list sooner rather than later.
But why would Adobe prevent Flash from living on in mobile devices? I don't understand.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

Actually, Adobe Flash isn't their highest vulnerability product. A lot of people like to talk about how shoddy Flash is, but it had a mere 56 vulnerabilities discovered last year. Compare that to the 65 in Adobe Reader. I'm actually more surprised people aren't saying that Firefox is a security hazard with the 149 found and patched last year, or Chrome with the over 160. Even if they killed Flash today, they'd still be on the list for Reader and Air.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12