IE11 on WP8.1 has problems with so many sites, it has to be fixed before general release

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So many sites don't work in IE11. Citi, match.com, many others. Here's a simple one: Aftonbladet: Sveriges nyhetsk?lla och m?tesplats
Click on any article, and it will not open (works fine in IE10 in WP8). You CAN make it open if you hold down on an article and select "open in new tab" every time, but clearly this is a bug.

Which sites have become non-functioning for others, or require workarounds? This will be a big problem if nothing is done

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I would suggest you use one of the uservoice sites instead of posting this here :smile:
There MS has a chance to see it especially if a lot of people vote on your issue

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Whoot :evil: lol If those sites have vids on them that you can't play try checking if the site is actually html5 format..

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Many sites with html5 videos which play fine with IE10 no longer play with IE11 which generates an 'Invalid Code' error over the video placeholder. Also popups now open new page which can't be closed.

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Update: Just installed UC Browser and tried videos on the same websites that IE11 gave the 'Invalid Code' error and UC Browser also gave the same error so maybe this is a WP8.1 bug.

stogdan

May 28, 2014
Visit site
So many sites don't work in IE11. Citi, match.com, many others. Here's a simple one: Aftonbladet: Sveriges nyhetsk?lla och m?tesplats
Click on any article, and it will not open (works fine in IE10 in WP8). You CAN make it open if you hold down on an article and select "open in new tab" every time, but clearly this is a bug.

Which sites have become non-functioning for others, or require workarounds? This will be a big problem if nothing is done

Has this been addressed in latest bug fix update a while back? I can't seem to be able to reproduce it on my phone with latest 8.1 DP update. One thing I notice though is the crazy amount of advertising on the site. My phone only had edge-coverage at the moment and it took some time to load it all!

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Has this been addressed in latest bug fix update a while back? I can't seem to be able to reproduce it on my phone with latest 8.1 DP update. One thing I notice though is the crazy amount of advertising on the site. My phone only had edge-coverage at the moment and it took some time to load it all!
Yes, I believe what ever was going on has been fixed, either on their end or in the WP update, because it no longer happens. Woohoo.

Also, I checked Citi credit card site (https://mobile.citibankonline.com/mobile/thin), and they have redesigned it, it works in WP now... Finally! Maybe this WP8.1 thing will work out after all... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077