NBA.com site not compatible

hAPPYNikon

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
My wife's safari on iphone 4S is capable of handling the site, where you can view videos and navigate flawlessly.

But on IE on my Lumia 920, the videos doesn't work on desktop mode, and on mobile mode, the site is just plain text.

It's almost 2 years since this phone has been released and it's REALLY slow in catching up to IOS and android.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It's a problem with the NBA site itself.

It's almost ridiculous that the NBA still hasn't optimized their site for WP. (I just checked it out, and it sends me to the basic mobile version in both Mobile and Desktop Modes.)

hAPPYNikon

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
If it is from the site, isn't the encoding pretty much universal now, especially with htlm5. If safari can read the site, so should IE on WP. But it can't. When using desktop mode, it takes you to the full site, but the videos just displays a jpg.

Last edited:

hAPPYNikon

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I forwarded this topic nba.com, here's the reply.

(Thank you for contacting the National Basketball Association with your comments regarding the mobile website for NBA.com. We are constantly exploring ways to improve our online content and the overall experience we provide to fans. As we continue to improve NBA.com, you can be assured that we will be mindful of your comments.

Thank you again for your feedback and support of the NBA.

Sincerely,

Sam Linnerooth
NBA Fan Relations)

It's been a month now and there seems to be no action taken.

Cruncher04

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
If it is from the site, isn't the encoding pretty much universal now, especially with htlm5.

Thats the problem, they are not using html5, they are using flash.
In addition, there is no guarantee, that if you put in the same URL in 2 different Browsers, that you are getting the same content. Typically some websites sending you different content based on the detected browser. Thats what they most likely do.

hAPPYNikon

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Thats the problem, they are not using html5, they are using flash.
In addition, there is no guarantee, that if you put in the same URL in 2 different Browsers, that you are getting the same content. Typically some websites sending you different content based on the detected browser. Thats what they most likely do.

No, the site has html5 coz it works on mobile chrome and safari. I just had the lumia 830 and it works fine there too. This problem is only on lumia 635 and 920 as I have both. So it's definitely not a website problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05