I've been a long-time chrome user, but I've recently installed the developer 64-bit version and I'm hating it. The browser has just started to SUCK. I'd like to move to IE - it's been a goal of mine and this is the straw the breaks the camel's back. However, there are some things about chrome I like (the extensions).

I have a few I find mandatory, that I can't find for IE (yes, this is the problem with IE - they don't let you use extensions).

Here are the top 3 - AdBlock (I'm not dealing with ads)
    A video downloader - I'm not picky on what, it just needs to give me a quick option to download videos from around the web. I hate nothing more than finding a video and not being able to find it again - I could possibly be a hoarder.
    And Emoji enabler - I'm not certain if IE does this automatically, but I'm going to assume it doesn't.
    and I'd like one that can redirect any amazon page to an amazon smile page (It's a way to shop on amazon and donate to charity, but Amazon has made it super hard to do it - this extension is the best way I've found to use Amazon smile.

Can IE do any of this? or is it hopeless?

​Thanks!
    06-26-2014 12:08 AM
    Extensions exist and work. I have the Adblock Plus extension for Internet Explorer 10 - https://adblockplus.org/en/internet-explorer
    06-26-2014 12:55 AM
    Tracking Protection Lists and Ad Block + are available in IE11.
    ie.png

tpl.png
    06-26-2014 12:57 AM
    Where do you find all of these? Does IE have a "store" like chrome does?
    06-26-2014 11:06 PM
    Windows 8 and above support emojis by default: Emoji - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The biggest problem with emojis is that there isn't a truly set standard, yet. I believe the next version of Unicode (8 I think) will be setting more emoji characters and trying to standardize them across all platforms that support Unicode.

As for video downloading. As long as the video is HTML5 and not Flash, I have found on some HTML5 videos just right clicking and select Save works (but not all the time. It's a bit of hit-n-miss).

One setting I HIGHLY recommend changing in IE is changing the Pop-up settings.
    Alt+T, Pop-Up Blocker, Pop-Up Blocker Settings, Blocking Level: High: Block all pop-ups
    ie-pop-up-blocker-settings.png
    This will block the "Pop-Under" as well as the Pop-up pages, especially if you visit possible unsavory sites. But it can mess with some legitimate sites, which then I avoid anyway because I HATE Pop-up windows.

As for a "Chrome Store", or "FireFox Add-On" site equivalent for IE. Nope. You just have to Bing around for something. But then you might run into malware. Personally, I'm liking IE for not to many add on's anymore. The ones that I do have, only come from Microsoft, and some of them I disable because I don't use (Lync, Skype, etc.)
    08-02-2014 04:37 PM