Internet Explorer for Mac

Southgarden116

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella wants to provide all MS services on all Platforms. We know all the stuff they are doing at the moment, like Office and Cortana or all the other platforms. Today they even opened .NET, to create software for Linux and MacOS.
Now what I would like to see is to create Internet Explorer for Mac again. Now that would be something I want to see. What do you guys think of that?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I doubt if most Mac users would be interested. I know several Mac users who like Firefox better than Safari, but they do not express interest in IE.

I myself rarely use IE. I prefer Firefox for Windows and use Firefox for Linux.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

Southgarden116

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
The reason is because since I own a Lumia (920) I started to switch from Chrome to IE, because of saved passwords, history and so on. For some time now I have access to a mac very often like it's my own, and I wish there was a IE there. I know the market share wouldn't be much, but Satya is already on a "MS Software everywhere" trip.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I imported my IE bookmarks into Firefox and saved my passwords in Firefox also. I use Firefox sync so all my settings are the same on my 2 Windows PCs and on my Linux PC.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

Cruncher04

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I imported my IE bookmarks into Firefox and saved my passwords in Firefox also. I use Firefox sync so all my settings are the same on my 2 Windows PCs and on my Linux PC

Thats all nice and so, but pointless if the user wants to sync across PC, XBox and Windows Phone. Linux is certainly irrelevant for most users anyway.
You might be right with the assertion that not too many Mac users having Windows Phone and thus have not much need for such kind of synchronization.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb