Does other browsers like firefox or opera run smooth on your tablet?

Julian07

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys

sorry for asking the question again but I just want to know if ou guys experience the same or if I am the only one.

I?m talking about the Desktop Versions of the Browsers, I have a Windows 8.1 Tablet with additional Keyboard (Dell venue 11 Pro) so I don?t use the Metro app, I use the Desktop Version of the Internet Explorer. Using the Touchscreen to scroll or zoom is very smooth.

BUT NOT with other Browsers like Firefox or Opera. Zooming or Scrolling with my fingers doesn?t make fun at all :( But I would like to use my favourite browser...

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Firefox does not zoom or scroll smooth for me at all with my touchscreen Windows 8.1 laptop. However, Comodo Dragon (Chrome clone, with added security and no tracking of what you do) works very nicely with it.

Your mileage may vary. Haven't tried Opera.

Problem is with Firefox, they only optimize it properly for the Linux platform. They only do a "build" for Windows, and it is usually buggy, and they are not responsive about fixing bugs, since their entire development team run Linux. Just another app that's anti-MS, so they really don't care that much. I dumped Firefox over the lack of love for my favorite platform. I didn't want to use Google Chrome because, well, Google. Default settings tend to do a lot of spying on you, and I don't like it. Comodo Dragon took the Open Source code and made it better. You can even directly download you-tube videos, which Google bans the Chrome browser from being able to do.

Good luck finding something you like that is smooth. I came very close to switching to IE for Desktop, but I like my current set of plug-ins too much, and there just hasn't been enough time to play with it enough to figure it all out, because I'm too busy having fun with my new Windows Phone. :)

emiel1976

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I tried Chrome and Fire fox but Fire fox was terrible. There is no touch version any more and it is just buggy.
Chrome no problems for the desktop. In touch mode it is just not easy to work with especially on an 8".
As you don't use a keyboard and mouse/trackpad than is ie the browser to go with. I did not install Chrome any more on my tablet.

Chrome nr 1 in HTML5 support by far. Fire fox and ie have there own things and they are not always supported.
I stopped supporting Fire fox because ells I am only making my sites compatible with browsers because I am getting crazy of all those other codes you must use to do the same thing.
For ie I do it because in my country ie is still the biggest. Chrome because it is the easiest to make a website work on and I used it a lot. I only don't use it on my tablets.

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I have the same tablet as you.

I have tried other browsers such as Firefox and Chrome, but so far the fastest browser was Internet Explorer for me. IE also has the best touch screen zoom in and zoom out capabilities, very crucial for any Windows device with a touch screen.

If I ever have to use a certain Google extension, I use Opera to use the Google extension. And Opera is fine for occasional usage. But IE is the best for Windows tablets.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99