Internet Explorer 9 and 10.

rgc6789

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm a web developer specializing in e-commerce so I deal a lot with PCI compliance. This year, compliance includes disabling TLS 1.0 due to insecurities, which in and of itself is fine (actually, preferred). However, by default, Microsoft DISABLES TLS 1.1 and 1.2 in IE 9 and 10. It's there, but disabled.

There is no easy solution on server side to determine if a browser has TLS 1.1+ enabled. The fix on the client end is simple, but we know that users shouldn't need to know how.

I know there are people from Microsoft who read this forum, but I'm also wondering if anyone has contact information for someone at Microsoft who I can pass a simple request - please release an update that enables TLS 1.1 and 1.2 in IE 9 and 10!

Thanks for indulging me.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I guess you could from a non-https master domain site load a TLS1.2 only subdomain iframe and if loading fails (tested via js var and timer), redirect to a page saying to enable the option.

Messy, but they had those disabled because some websites were broken when TLS1.1/1.2 initially came to IE. For corporate users you could enable via GPO but not the public.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa