Introduce yourself!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: lets introduce ourselves...

Hey all,

I live over at CrackBerry.com but thought I'd come visit here, while at the same time share some Windows Phone for anyone, if I do come across any.. I've been curious over the Windows Phones lately. Last one I had was Palm Treo with Windows Mobile 6.5 on it. Just curious over what the other platforms have to offer. The Nokia Lumia 920 looks good or perhaps the 820. Would only really use it as a secondary phone.

Anyone have recommendations?

Either device is good. Depends on what features you want your secondary phone to have.

brianLTE

May 30, 2012
Visit site

Hey all! Been lurking for awhile. Thought I'd finally contribute :)

My first WP device was a 900. I'm now on a 920 and I love it!

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site

HI im new. I bought a lumia 920, my last phone was an iPhone 4. I liked my Zune HD interface so I thought I'd get a windows phone once my contract was completed.

I've had Zunes since Christmas 2006 and currently use a Zune HD while I workout. Your reason for moving over to WP is exactly why I first became interested in WP. I love the Zune HD interface and actually once said "if they would just make a Zune phone". When they did I had to try it.

cellphonecity

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm Ceejay, a self proclaimed tech geek who loves to write articles about Technology! I work for CellPhoneCity.com - an online seller of used and refurbished cell phones.

I am excited to share my ideas and thoughts to some of you! If you have some questions or interested about buying refurbished and used cell phones, just send me a private message and I'll be here to assist and help you! Happy sharing!

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm Jia from Singapore, 15 and a student. My parents sell electronics for a living, and I've developed an interest for gadgets since young.

Rocking a (un-unlockable) L800, with E63 as my second phone.

Went from being a hardcore Apple fan to a crazed WP fan just recently.

Have a soft spot for cases, used to own 15 cases for my previous iPhone. But sadly, L800 cases are pretty hard to come by here.

AntGut

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Good day! AntGut here. Prior MS blue badge from the 'good ole days' (left MS/Exchange in 2002). Not so new to WM/WP. In 'early 03 started off with testing PPC (primarily TMO & Sprint) for US Army in VA; worked with Randy and Rick quite a bit (good people). Numerous devices during that period, but mostly HP variants (still love my 5550; needs new battery). Moved on to a TMO/MDA (WM5 for the newer folks) in '06. Beat it up for quite a while and finally killed it in '10 in Kabul (broke the USB port). Sportin' an HTC HD7 now; with busted glass:( . Hoping to get it replaced soon by TMO (Nokia 810 please). Also looking to purchase a secondary device for my prepaid Afghan sims (any recommendations?). So, currently out here supporting operations doing IT geeky stuff. Peace Out...

JerryRaia

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I used to be an editor on the smartphonethoughts.com site years back. Windows Phone 8 has gotten me interested in the platform again. It has been a while :)

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Hello! I'm Daniel, a 21 year old tech whore based in Leeds. I am an avid fan of cheerleading and will be getting back into the sport soon. I am also starting work on developing a Windows Phone app that will basically be linked to 1Radio (I am going to ask my colleagues to develop BB/iOS/Android versions). I currently use a HTC TITAN with Windows Phone but hope to soon get a Nokia Lumia 620/820/920 (most likely 820).

If you want my full introduction... just go to http://forums.windowscentral.com/introductions/198680-paladinleeds-powers.html

Tamao

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
New poster here! I have a Samsung Focus II, and have been loving Windows Phone since launch with the original Samsung Focus last year. Back when WP7 first launched, GUI of WP7 looked funky until I got a chance to try it for myself. The black background on the OLED looked amazing and the GUI fluid beyond what Android ever did. Huge fan!

Gafalhadas

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

New WP8 user with Lumia 920, love at first sight ! I?m a little bit disappointed with the lack of apps like Dropbox and Instagram...
Cheers,

Pedro

oscarcanada

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

I'm a new WP8 user, just purchased my hTC 8x today.

After weeks if agonizing over the Lumia and being very indecisive about parting with my cash, I was persuaded in the Microsoft store to get the 8X. Looks great so far.

Since time immemorial, I'm used to carrying two handsets about. So now my ok BLackberry Curve gets ditched and I'm keeping just this 8X and my IPhone 4S.

Look forward to the fun!

ezrunner

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

New to WP8 and WPcentral have been a BB user for years as well as a long long time member of CrackBerry.... Still have a BB but decided today to add a line and give WP a try again

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

Hey ya everybody! Hope you guys and gals have all had a great Christmas and best wishes for 2013! Well my name is Oliver, I am from West Sussex, England, United Kingdom. I am a Microsoft junkie! Anything and everything Microsoft I use ^_^ I am only 16 (one of the younger ones to be posting on these forums) I am a student at Chichester College working on an IT diploma where I plan to continue into further IT education there until 2016. I have managed to secure a Microsoft apprenticeship for when I leave college on conduction that I get my qualifications =D Aside from all this I love cars, music, photography and my phone. Me and Samantha (my HTC Titan) have been together for nearly one year now ^_^ xD

Nirodrit534

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

Hey guys, Nirodrit534 here. I've been using windows phones for a year and a half now. Started with a Focus, used it for awhile, then it just crashed on me and I went to the 920. Big big fan of it so far. I'm also a big gamer. I'm sure some of you guys have played or atleast seen RuneScape. I played it for AWHILE(5 years), it's really bad now tho. :'( I'm also a Xbox user, I've owned one for long time. I also play drums! I've played for 8 years and I'm also in the Marching Band, quads for 2 yrs, snare for 1.

I think that's it.

Maybe.

Seany72

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My name is Sean and am 41 years old and live in the UK. But am half Irish. I love technology and especially phones its like playing with a new toy at Christmas when un boxing a new handset. I also love photography and travel. I currently have a Lumia 800 Cyan but can't afford any of the new ones yet :-( Am a mad Nokian

K Rad

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site

Hi there... Kiran living in Bangalore, India. "Smartest" of smartphones I've used before is the Nokia 6681, so am pretty new to the scene. Have been a Nokia fan ever since I started owning mobiles... never bought a phone other than a Nokia :D Part of the reason I waited long and good for a killer Nokia device.

Have been owning the Lumia 920 (black matte) for over a month now. Quite good, specially the snappy and neat OS. Battery life management is something which I've been trying to figure out over the time - eg. GPS seems to guzzle battery at 2% a minute; overall, with average use the phone lasts 15-16 hours. Now have to experiment with uninstalling some apps. (Perceived?) lack of apps is not at all an issue for me, specially with the rate at which new apps are coming. Wasn't initially happy with the camera (expected much sharper images, dealing with Creative Studio till the update comes out) - but video performance is great! Meanwhile, managed a few scratches on screen (visible faintly at certain angles) and a small smudge on the top edge.

Fonof

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Hi there! Former WM user, current Android user. Going to be upgrading soon so looking to learn more about my options. Really like the Lumia, also like the iPhone and wouldn't mind giving Android another shot either. Very undecided atm but WP8 looks nice.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm 36 and work in legal services. Came to Nokia Lumia from Android. Love the phone and the OS, won't pretend it does not have numerous flaws and glaring omissions though. But, I came to the OS with my eyes wide open.

Love Xbox gaming. Defense Grid is currently ruining my social life. Also like Portal and Battlefield. Although I have just traded B3 in for Mirror's Edge following a recommendation from a guy on here. Also enjoyed playing Trials Evolution, that seriously rinsed my nights.

Currently signing up for various mud runs, hoping to get fit enough to do a Tough Mudder. Already done a short Spartan Race (http://forums.windowscentral.com/off-topic-lounge/187967-7.htm).

I live in South Yorkshire, England.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo