Current webOS Sprint user hoping to try WP7

ryancell

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I am a Palm Pre Sprint user who LOVES his webOS phone, but with recent ups and downs with HP and not selling the Pre 3 or new webOS hardware I am looking to try Windows Phone 7 with Mango as I have been holding onto my upgrade for 2+ years.

Unfortunately I love the hardware layout of the Pre with the vertical slider, but that doesnt appear to happen with WP7 besides the current Sprint wp7 with a horizontal slider, but it looks too bulky to me.

I am very inclined to try a WP7 phone if Sprint Carriers either the Titan (preferred) or the Radar.

WP7 Mango appears to be the closest thing in an OS I would want, as I dont really like how Apple handles things with lockdowns, and Androids just soooo clunky.

Hopefully they announced the Titan for Sprint and you'll probably have a new member...

Nice to meet you all.

-Ryan

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Welcome aboard!

I'm not holding my breath for either of those phones on Sprint but based on recent rumors its possible Sprint gets a new 4G Windows phone sometime before Christmas.

If the Titan goes to Tmobile then at least they have a competitive price plan that compares decently with Sprint, although they do throttle 4G after hitting the 2 GB monthly cap.

ryancell

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Still on my Sprint Pre webOS but check this site daily to see if any Sprint news and still none so far. I sometimes worry about switching to WP7 as I feel like its almost in the same boat as webOS was when it started...My luck I will switch then Windows will pull the plug. I absolutely dont like Androids layout, but think it may be good in a few more builds once they make it more easy to navigate without pressing menu buttons so often. I am somewhat considering an iPhone 4S just so I can get the best apps...

ryancell

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I like the arrive, but the whole landscape view not rotating the tiles seems a bit clunky to me. Hopefully they'll adapt that so it works portrait and landscape like webos does with the touchpad.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
I like the arrive, but the whole landscape view not rotating the tiles seems a bit clunky to me. Hopefully they'll adapt that so it works portrait and landscape like webos does with the touchpad.
That's really not a reason to be wary about it. Even if they don't "fix" it, the phone and OS are great. There's also little worry about MS is planning to stick it out in the mobile space. As I said in another thread, their job is computing and computing today has evolved to include mobile; they need WP for them to continue succeeding.

ryancell

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
In looking at wp7, i cant help but notice the huge black bar on the right with an arrow. They should do away with that and maximize the icons to fill the screen. The swipe is kind of a common thing people should just know to use.

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
In looking at wp7, i cant help but notice the huge black bar on the right with an arrow. They should do away with that and maximize the icons to fill the screen. The swipe is kind of a common thing people should just know to use.

I may be alone, but i like it as its an area to scroll without blocking any of the UI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99