Greetings from Pennsylvania

JoeScuba

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm not new to the Windows Phones, I've had a Samsung Focus since May of this year. I just bought a Focus S for my teenage son. I am new to these forums though, just looking to know more about the workings and goings-on with Windows Phone and the equipment we're using.

I'm not a programmer, developer or even a computer junkie. I'm just a heavy user of the phone. So, that's the perspective I have.

Right off the bat, things I like about the OS are the interface, the way it gets along so well with my computer and how I almost never have a glitch with it.

What I don't like is that I have to go through Zune for everything I transfer and the lack of customizations. I'd like to assign colors to individual tiles and, well, who wouldn't want to be able to create/add/assign custom alert tones for texts and emails. Or maybe it is just me, who knows?

Either way, I'm going to say I'm very happy with the Focus and the Focus S, although I've had some problems with the Focus and a poorly installed headphone jack. Other than that, very nice pieces of equipment.

That said, looking to get to know everyone!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WPC.

The platform is awesome... There are ways to bring more customization to your device, like custom tile colors. Look into ChevronWP7 to unlock your device. More information on hacking can be found on XDA.

JoeScuba

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but I have no intention on hacking/unlocking/modifying my phone. As I said, I'm not a programmer or a developer, so I would have no idea what I'm doing and would be more likely to ruin the phone than I would be to get anything right.

Thanks again though...

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but I have no intention on hacking/unlocking/modifying my phone. As I said, I'm not a programmer or a developer, so I would have no idea what I'm doing and would be more likely to ruin the phone than I would be to get anything right.

Thanks again though...
You're welcome, but you don't have to have any knowledge what so ever to modify your device. It's actually a process approved through Microsoft.

Unless you don't like reading or watching "How-To" youtube videos, not sure how much easier it could get. Installing themes for any other platform is probably just as hard, if not harder.

Enjoy your device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon