Was a BB fan

I'mHAL-9000

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Have to say that I never thought I would own a WM7 device...well here I am with my new lumia 900. amazing...Walked away from my BB 9930 and will not look back.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Welcome, and hope you are hear to stay. What would you say you like the most about your smartphone? What would you say you wish you had on you device? How many people have you recommended your Lumia to? Nobody has bad mouthed you decision have they? If so, give me their address and I'll send in a clown to give them a pie in the face. Lol.

Again, welcome.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi I'mHAL-9000, and welcome to wpcentral. :)

I am also an ex-BlackBerry user. I had a 9700 and kept my upgrade for 11 months so I could switch from BlackBerry to Nokia Lumia 900.

I am very happy with my Windows Phone, and I find it works better for me than BlackBerry. Hopefully you will be as happy with it as I am.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Welcome. BB users are pretty devoted. I am surprised you didn't wait wait for BB10, but I know you'll like your 900. The Windows Phone OS is pretty sweet. I think it's the best mobile OS out there.

dkflipse

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm a long time BB fan but itching to make a move. Android is garbage for business users. Are you guys business (MS Outlook) users? If so how are you finding the functionality for work (backing up contacts, etc)? Also what network are you on? I'm on T-mo.

Thanks

Donn

I'mHAL-9000

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks All, Yes, I was a hardcore BB fan..but, once I was able to experience the wp7 I knew it was time to change. I have word built in the phone, emails are not a problem, and a smooth interface. after 6 replacements "all BB devices" the last having zero issues I still wanted an update. as for BB 10, well they waited just a little late for my loyalty.

It seems my 900 is able to do what my 9930 did..all with a modern OS. although my bb was a sexy phone, BB7 was not.

thanks guys:happy:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to the WPC we are glad you decided to join us. From all the replies it looks like your getting a nice WPC welcome from everyone. Its always nice when we take one from Crackberry

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Please let me know if there are any specific features of BlackBerry that you are looking for in Windows Phone.

I had formerly used BBM and BBM Groups, but I have found replacement cross-platform apps that let me chat with friends using any mobile platform.

I'm also lak611 on Crackberry, so you might remember me from there.

I'mHAL-9000

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Please let me know if there are any specific features of BlackBerry that you are looking for in Windows Phone.

I had formerly used BBM and BBM Groups, but I have found replacement cross-platform apps that let me chat with friends using any mobile platform.

I'm also lak611 on Crackberry, so you might remember me from there.

Thank you, How is the security on this platform vs BB7 ? I actually belonged to a great little forum called n4bb..was a nice group. seems you all are a great bunch also.

Thank you

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Welcome here HAL. Plz dont get angry at me, but I just H.A.T.E BB. It is so dated, its not funny. And I am Sure Lumia900 is like lightyears better than it...right?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Welcome here HAL. Plz dont get angry at me, but I just H.A.T.E BB. It is so dated, its not funny. And I am Sure Lumia900 is like lightyears better than it...right?

I wouldn't say I hate any particular platform.

However, I find that Nokia Lumia 900 is better for my current usage.

I like having MS Office, rather than DocumentsToGo.

Nokia Drive offers free turn-by-turn navigation.

Netflix is available.

There are more games.

There are no truncated emails.

The device does not need to be rebooted when apps or installed or updated.

The browser is better.

The Nokia Lumia 900 is the first smartphone I've owned that I've been able to use outdoors in bright sunlight without needing to cup my hand over it to view the screen. I am even able to see the screen outdoors in bright sunlight when I am wearing sunglasses. :)

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The Nokia Lumia 900 is the first smartphone I've owned that I've been able to use outdoors in bright sunlight without needing to cup my hand over it to view the screen. I am even able to see the screen outdoors in bright sunlight when I am wearing sunglasses. :)

Excuse my lack of knowledge...what screen does the Lumia 900 have? Pentile?LCD?AMOLED? ANd secondly, what is the brightness level do you keep when outdoors?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Excuse my lack of knowledge...what screen does the Lumia 900 have? Pentile?LCD?AMOLED? ANd secondly, what is the brightness level do you keep when outdoors?

The screen is AMOLED ClearBlack. Nokia Lumia 900 Specifications - Nokia - USA

The brightness setting I use is to automatically adjust. The level I use is high, but it adjusts to any place (dark room, light room, outside sunny, cloudy or night) automatically.

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I is actually quite clever. You can decide if You generally want to have a bright, medium or darker screen, but still adjusting to the environment. I use auto-medium which gives me the best overall balance in bright and dark places. (also saves some battery compred to auto-high)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'mHAL-9000

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site

No worries XENOPHOS, yes, this lumia is years ahead of BB's flagship device, the 9930. no reboots upon removal of a program, it is just as fast, very smooth operation and the transition to a touchscreen keyboard from BB's famous qwerty was amazingly easy. I have not been able to type as easily and mistake free on any other touch screen device. the Lumia keyboard is actually easier to type on then my 9930 qwerty IMO.

Thank you

Alex_Hong

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Am still a BB fan, still using a BB, but has a Lumia 800 as well. But even I can't disagree that Windows Phone is sizing up to be a great platform. :D

You'll probably grow to love it even more. The Lumia 800/900 is the best looking phone I've seen in years. It makes the supposedly minimalistic iPhone looks complicated. :D

Sent from RIMpire Bold 9700 using the force

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Am still a BB fan, still using a BB, but has a Lumia 800 as well. But even I can't disagree that Windows Phone is sizing up to be a great platform. :D

You'll probably grow to love it even more. The Lumia 800/900 is the best looking phone I've seen in years. It makes the supposedly minimalistic iPhone looks complicated. :D

Sent from RIMpire Bold 9700 using the force

The first smartphone I owned was a Nokia device running Symbian. I always was a fan of Nokia's hardware.

While I was holding on to my upgrade, I saw the CES 2012 reports. Both the HTC Titan II and the Nokia Lumia 900 were announced at CES.

When I saw the Nokia Lumia 900 announcement from CES, I just knew I had to get it. I picked mine up on release date. I was the first customer to arrive when the AT&T store opened.

Incidentally, I previously bought cellphones/smartphones in any color as long as it was black. My cyan Nokia Lumia 900 is my first phone that is not black.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
The first smartphone I owned was a Nokia device running Symbian. I always was a fan of Nokia's hardware.

While I was holding on to my upgrade, I saw the CES 2012 reports. Both the HTC Titan II and the Nokia Lumia 900 were announced at CES.

When I saw the Nokia Lumia 900 announcement from CES, I just knew I had to get it. I picked mine up on release date. I was the first customer to arrive when the AT&T store opened.

Incidentally, I previously bought cellphones/smartphones in any color as long as it was black. My cyan Nokia Lumia 900 is my first phone that is not black.
I agree. the Lumia 900 is a very good phone to have. especially Socializing people. like me :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo