on android - would like to change, but don't think i can

phoenix black

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
i got tired of iPhone and switched to android almost two years ago. my android phone is starting to crash all the time and the battery life is horrible. as much as i loved my phone when i first got it, i'm seriously thinking of jumping to WP - but there are a few things holding me back. first of all, i've had it with all the update nonsense with android (waiting to see which phone is going to get the update, then waiting forever to actually get it), but i've heard WP isn't much better at getting timely updates. second, it seems like most of the apps i use on my phone aren't available for WP (chase bank, words with friends, teamviewer, etc.). and lastly, and it kind of goes along with number two, WP doesn't seem as configurable as android - i hate the stock browser, alarm, and calendar on my phone, so i just went to the android market and found replacements that i like. i get the feeling with WP, i'd be stuck with whatever it came with. any other former android users here who had similar concerns, made the switch anyway, and have no regrets?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Well the Chase bank app has been demoed by MS so that is coming, likewise WWF is coming, first to Nokia devices so bear that in mind. Apart from that WP as it stands definitely wont meet your needs but we expect MS to fully reveal the details of WP8 in a few weeks time, Sep 5th. Its possible some more of your needs could be met when the full features are revealed so that will also help in your decision.

phoenix black

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Well the Chase bank app has been demoed by MS so that is coming, likewise WWF is coming, first to Nokia devices so bear that in mind. Apart from that WP as it stands definitely wont meet your needs but we expect MS to fully reveal the details of WP8 in a few weeks time, Sep 5th. Its possible some more of your needs could be met when the full features are revealed so that will also help in your decision.
thanks for the reply. if i do get a WP, it would definitely be a nokia. good to hear about chase bank app (which i actually don't use on my android phone because i'm too paranoid and don't trust it, but i used it all the time on my iPhone) and WWF. hopefully there will be a teamviewer app, or some sort of free equivalent, because that one is a deal breaker... i have to be able to connect to my computer remotely.

hoonigandad

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
wait til november when windowsphone 8 devices will be out from multiple oem's. Nokia 920 looks like a winner, i can't wait to get one! I can promise you, if you give windowsphone 30 days you will never miss android!! its waaay more stable, faster at taking pics,more personalized cause you can pin anything to the start screen. And with 100,000 apps and counting, you will find plenty of things to like!! Even if there is an app not on windows phone yet, the browser works very well or you can find a similar but different named app for windows phone.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
If you'd like to try out WP in a cheap way, get yourself a used Lumia 710 on eBay. Then sign up for Monthly 4G with T-Mobile and get the refill codes from Calling Mart. CM usually has a 5% discount code for T-Mo Monthly 4G refills, so check their Twitter or Facebook page. I got my used Lumia 710 for $150 on eBay around 6-7 months ago. It's a superb value.

Monthly 4G plans: Monthly 4G Prepaid Plans | Compare Prepaid Data Plans | T-Mobile

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro