Cheers from the Great White North

lbcole

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey all;

Longtime iPhone user here, jumping to WP8 with my contract expiring in about two weeks. Holding out for the 920.

I'm a business analyst so I've been doing my research. I've outlined a long-term home network strategy, hedging my bets with a platform agnostic 3 TB NAS. That way, I can see how Win8 will play out before doing a complete platform makeover. If it goes the way I hope it will, then my Apple TV and Xbox 360 + Kinect will give way to the 720 when it's released ~ Q4 2013. And my iPad 2 will be past its lifecycle so I'll replace it with a Surface tablet.

First order of business was the smartphone though, with my plan coming due. Having been an iOS user, I'm bored with it and am excited about the prospect of playing with the 920. I've been monitoring this site for a while and am convinced this is the way to go. As a newcomer to WP, I'd appreciate any thoughts, suggestions, etc. any of you savvy WinPhone vets out there can offer.

Thanks

FreeJACLive

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't have anything to add about WP as I am currently a BB user, but Xbox 360 makes a great Windows Media Center extender. I have W7 Media Center setup on a basement PC and a capture card PVR'ing all the tv shows we like. Works good for pictures and music as well. Windows 8 Pro upgrade 40 bucks, 3 weeks from tomorrow and comes with a free download of Windows Media Center. Beware: The wireless was not adequate for the recorded 1080i content, I had to go with a 200Mbs powerline adapters and hard wire it. (err well sort of)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss