From Symbian to BB to Android to WP

ricardios

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks,
I wished I joined WPCentral sooner as this is a great forum and tech blog. As you can tell from my title I've used a number of phone operating systems starting with Symbian on my Nokia E73. I later tried BlackBerry for about 3 weeks then traded it for an HTC Android. I really did like Android and thought I would be a phandroid for life but then in April this year I heard about the Windows Phone Challenge at my nearby Microsoft store. They were allowing you to trade in your smartphone in exchange for a brand new WP. It sounded too good to be true but I soon walked out with a new Lumia 710, trading in my E73 (a Nokia for a Nokia, nice).

To be honest at first it was tough transitioning to WP as I missed a lot of Google's features (Gmail app, Google Maps, Play Store, etc). But the more I used WP the more I appreciated its simplicity, design, and efficiency. It's just a cleaner OS with functional live tiles instead of clunky widgets and a clutter of icons. I've been using my 710 ever since.

I look forward to posting more on WPCentral and real excited about getting a WP8 device soon.

Richard

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Phone, and to our community! Since you may not be aware, you can simply add your Gmail account to enjoy seamless integration of your email, calendar and contacts. Also, there is a WP version of Google Maps in the marketplace called "Gmaps".

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to wpcentral.

I moved from Symbian to BlackBerry to Windows Phone (no Android in the mix).

I use GMaps. I also have Gtalk and Google search app. Gmail is my primary email account, and it works great in Windows Phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos