First smartphone OS

tarzanmarzan

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello, my name is Michael and I remember a time when the only choices I could make to upgrade was a iPhone or an Android. Personally I liked android but my cousin told me to wait. He told me a "windows phone" was coming out. Intrigued I read up on it online. I was blown away by the (now defunct) Metro interface. The wait for the phone was exciting until finally I was able to purchase my Samsung Focus in October of 2011. I was the only one in line who bought it and the sales rep tried to get me to buy the iPhone. It was the best $330 i ever spent. Originally I wanted to get the Dell Venue Pro, but I was happy with the quality and beauty of the Focus. During the first couple of months, people would ask me what phone I was using and they'd play with it. I was like a proud father.

When Nokia revealed the Lumia 900 I was green with envy. Now, I am the proud owner of a 920 and convinced my cousin to get the HTC8X after playing with my phone. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and the Windows Os, hardware, and third party software. Have a nice day!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi Michael and welcome to wpcentral. :smile:

The interface is actually almost the same. Microsoft just isn't calling it Metro any longer.

What color 920 did you get?

tarzanmarzan

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi Michael and welcome to wpcentral. :smile:

The interface is actually almost the same. Microsoft just isn't calling it Metro any longer.

What color 920 did you get?

Hey! :) oh I am aware, I think they call it Microsoft Design Language, correct me if I'm wrong.

I bought the black Lumia because of the matte. I was originally going to get yellow or red but I am not a fan of the glossiness and quite frankly I wanted a heavy and expensive feeling phone especially after the Focus S lol

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey! :) oh I am aware, I think they call it Microsoft Design Language, correct me if I'm wrong.
Looks like it's either that or "Windows 8" or "Modern". Microsoft now using 'Modern UI Style' to refer to Windows 8 'Metro Style' apps | The Verge

I bought the black Lumia because of the matte. I was originally going to get yellow or red but I am not a fan of the glossiness and quite frankly I wanted a heavy and expensive feeling phone especially after the Focus S lol
Cool! :smile: I have a cyan Lumia 900. I'd like another blue device whenever I upgrade, since blue is my favorite color.

tarzanmarzan

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey there, Michael. Welcome to Windows Phone Central!

hey thanks! Nice to meet you. Outta curiosity if we find bugs or try to advocate features is this the place to go and let things be known?

For example, a simple way to close multitasking would be like closing tabs on IE10. Its baffling why it hasn't been implemented yet lol. I wish to become more vocal WP8 user, instead of sitting on the sidelines waiting for an update

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You will love the matte cyan. What color charger are you getting? And thanks for the heads up!

Michael, I'm not getting anything new for the time being. I'll stay with my matte cyan Lumia 900 until next year or later, since I'm saving money for a Surface Pro or another Intel Ivy Bridge x64 Windows 8 tablet.

tarzanmarzan

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Michael, I'm not getting anything new for the time being. I'll stay with my matte cyan Lumia 900 until next year or later, since I'm saving money for a Surface Pro or another Intel Ivy Bridge x64 Windows 8 tablet.
after the surface pro press release, I'll be saving for that for sure haha

tarzanmarzan

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
@Duvi. You have an ipad2 and iPad 3? I'm jealous haha. But I want to wait to see how the pro does in terms of battery life. It just may be my laptop replacement, but I may wait for the Pro2. I hope MS doesn't give up support on the RT and continues to develop it. I've been making a list of pros and cons if I should get the Pro over RT and after all that I'm leaning toward the RT considering my laptop is perfectly fine, (windows 7 home premium). Only problem however is that that laptop's bezels are broken. Curse you Asus

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel