Hello everyone...Upgrade in progress, Please wait, this may take awhile.

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone! I've been lurking on WPCentral for quite awhile, drooling at the WP8 phones (here and in stores) and reading everything trying to decide which phone I wanted. Well, I really want an L920 but I need to move to Verizon so no luck there. I've been going back and forth between the 8x and the L822 and finally decided on the 822 because of the Nokia apps, build quality and commitment to WP8. Ordered the phone on Tuesday and now I'm in the inventory queue. Arrrgh! Oh well, In the meantime I still love my HTC Arrive with WP7.5.

I'm thrilled to be a WP8 pioneer.

Thanksgiving weekend I drove an hour and a half to the Microsoft store and thought I was in W8 heaven. It was sad leaving there with nothing in hand but thats what they built the Internet for. My 822 will be here soon and a new Surface RT will be under the Christmas tree this year as well.

On a side note, I'm a little disappointed with WPC because after you sign up on the site and they ask what device you have, the 822 is not an option. Doh!

Last edited:

Covfam

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
thats a shame because the 822 is the best of them all (ok im biased but it feels like the perfect balanc of a smartphone both in screen size weight and thickness and LOVE the screen) playing netflix over 30mb wifi side biside with my wifes samsung galaxy s3 and her iphone 4 and despite both her phones having higher resolutions and ppi. our whole family finds the 822's video playing experience top to bottom better experience than either device!

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
An update: Got my new 822 on Friday and used the weekend time to get it set up properly. LOVE IT! I was leaning toward the 8x but glad I decided on the 822. Still learning and playing.

Got my Surface on Wednesday last week and now its wrapped and under the Christmas tree. :unhappy: But Christmas day is going to be awesome! :excited:

I almost had my wife converted to WP8 when her ability to trade comes in July because she hated her Droid Charge. Because of all the issues she had with it Best Buy upgraded her to a free Galaxy SIII this weekend and nows she loving that phone. At least she has a good phone, not an iphone.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
An update: Got my new 822 on Friday and used the weekend time to get it set up properly. LOVE IT! I was leaning toward the 8x but glad I decided on the 822. Still learning and playing.

Got my Surface on Wednesday last week and now its wrapped and under the Christmas tree. :unhappy: But Christmas day is going to be awesome! :excited:

I almost had my wife converted to WP8 when her ability to trade comes in July because she hated her Droid Charge. Because of all the issues she had with it Best Buy upgraded her to a free Galaxy SIII this weekend and nows she loving that phone. At least she has a good phone, not an iphone.
Awesome! I'm glad you got your 822 and are enjoying it. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos