New Lumia 920 User

Brad M

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Been watching the forums for a long time but since I am now the proud owner of a Red Lumia 920 I figured I should join. Coming from the 3gs this is a major upgrade. I have now had the phone for almost 24 hours and have really enjoyed it. Almost every time I take it out someone asks me "what is that?!" or "What case is that?". Everything about it is so beautiful, a very well put together phone.

Some new things I am loving that weren't on my 3gs.
The speech recognition seems to work very well for me. I had turned it on when I was in my car with it synced to play music, and I got a text message and asked me what I wanted it to do (read, ignore..). It read it to me and I could reply without any problems. Very impressed!
The integration with facebook in my contacts is very nice.
I have ATT and having the 4G/LTE is just incredible. Night and day difference.
Im sure there is plenty more I will come across but for now these are the biggest things I have noticed.
I finally have a flash for my camera! Haha

So far the few thing Ive had to get used to...
Is not having separate volumes for rings, youtube, netflix, and the nokia music. When I am watching a video and I turn up the volume and then someone calls, the ringer is as loud as the setting. Not sure if there is a way to change this.
Wish you could make the buttons on the bottom interchangeable. Such as moving the back button to the right side so when holding it in the right hand you don't have to reach as far. This isn't a big deal at all just something I noticed.
Holding the back button, and being able to close certain windows from that selection screen. Maybe there is a way, but I haven't found that yet. This would help when you want to close an IE window without having to select the back button a dozen times.

Looking forward to learning more about this phone. Thanks for reading!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon