Interested in switching back to Windows Phone.

courtjames

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Whats up folks? I am a current Android user, but I am strongly considering a move back to Windows Phone. I say back because I divorced android in Febuary of last year when I upgraded to a Lumia 710 (T-Mobile user). But I moved back to android because I needed a bigger screen. Part of my want to move is I hate carrier phones. With a passion. I used a Galaxy Nexus before I went to a Galaxy S2, and I hate all of the T-Mobile crap on it. Now the real reason that I'm hesitating is the fact that I am so tied in to Google's services. I use Google+, Google Drive, Google Talk, Google Voice, and Google Music. I didnt see too many alternatives when I was using Windows phone 7.5, and I dont know if there are any good alternatives. But I digress. So the options on T-Mobile that I have are the 8X and the Lumia 810. Can anyone give me help?!?!?!?

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Honestly. If you are tied to google services, don't even think of switching formats back to Windows Phone. If you are open to migrating everything over then awesome, but otherwise I wouldn't if I were you.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I use Google+, Google Drive, Google Talk, Google Voice, and Google Music. I didn't see too many alternatives when I was using Windows phone 7.5

If you are really open to using alternatives... no problem. If you are looking for apps to access those exact same google services... forget it.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm hesitating is the fact that I am so tied in to Google's services. I use Google+, Google Drive, Google Talk, Google Voice, and Google Music.

Are you "tied in" because you WANT to be or is it out of necessity?

Google+ > is mostly a media outlet? Similar to Facebook, but less popular. You don't really need to use this, you choose to.
Google Drive > Nokia Drive
Google Talk > this is an IM service? There are several IM services available on WP
Google Voice > can't you keep using this, regardless of the phone os?
Google Music > Xbox Music

Unless you are tied in due to work, I don't see any reason not to switch back. If you like the way WP works as a whole, it makes sense to move back.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
To sum up:

Google+
-
You can use the web browser however
Google Drive
SkyDrive

Google Talk
Gchat
Don't know how well this works, but Skype is set to become the main IM app on WP
Google Voice
MetroTalk
Works well, but Skype is set to become the main VoiP app on WP
Google Music
Xbox Musix
Nokia Music
Nokia Music+
Similar to Google Music
Free music service (also works offline)
Similar to Pandora

On a side note, in my view WP actually has the best YouTube client on any smartphone. Check out MetroTube

Last edited:

omnislasher777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Are you "tied in" because you WANT to be or is it out of necessity?

Google+ > is mostly a media outlet? Similar to Facebook, but less popular. You don't really need to use this, you choose to.
Google Drive > Nokia Drive
Google Talk > this is an IM service? There are several IM services available on WP
Google Voice > can't you keep using this, regardless of the phone os?
Google Music > Xbox Music

Unless you are tied in due to work, I don't see any reason not to switch back. If you like the way WP works as a whole, it makes sense to move back.

Google Drive ---> Skydrive , not Nokia Drive. Nokia drive is a mapping service like Google Maps.

I would recommend getting a Nokia. They seem to be the best at supporting Windows Phone, even more than Microsoft.

courtjames

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I guess its because I choose to. I already have a SkyDrive account and Outlook. Thanks everyone for your replies. Thinking about getting the Nokia 810 over the 8X because the Lumia 710 got me signal in my house and HTC android phones usually dont. The 8X is a sexier looking phone though.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I guess its because I choose to. I already have a SkyDrive account and Outlook. Thanks everyone for your replies. Thinking about getting the Nokia 810 over the 8X because the Lumia 710 got me signal in my house and HTC android phones usually dont. The 8X is a sexier looking phone though.

8x also costs more...so where does that play into your mindset?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism