Moving to WP need Help!

JimOhara

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi JimO' Here,

I am moving on from the HP Palm Pre, great phone that has lasted me 3 years but it is time to move on. Any recommendation for a new Windows Phone. My upgrade at Verizon is next month and I have decided to go with the WP platform. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks JimO'

Last edited:

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Welcome Jim. Just what features are important to you? That will help get a idea. Right now you have the Lumia 822, HTC 8X and Samsung Ativ Odyssey. Each with different featured to offer. All have a forum here at WP Central that will tell you many things. There is also higher end Lumia on the way, but no release date yet. Look around and ask away.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard ⚓ Jim it's great to have you considering a windows phone, I am with Verizon also and use the Nokia 822 and love everything about it. It also features a wireless charging system (must purchase back plate & charger) but its great. The size fits nice in your hand and the display is fantastic. Check out the 822 forums and good luck.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I went with the Nokia 822 over the HTC 8X for a few reasons. You'll have to see if they matter to you. I had an HTC Trophy with WP7.X from the day it was released. I'm not biased one way or another on hardware, just the software. :)
The reasons:
1 - Expandable memory with microSD (8X 16GB wasn't enough for me)
2 - Nokia app selection is better
3 - Supersensitive touch display - I can still operate the phone with my gloves on. I didn't need to buy a special pair of gloves for it

The 8X has a higher resolution screen, beats audio, and is a good looking phone. But those weren't as important to me as the reasons for choosing the 822.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Might be a new phone next month on Verizon. I have the 822 and went an looked at the 8X today and if the price was the same, I would probably get the 8X. I love the 822 and features (removable batter, micro sd, size), but the 8x is a really sexy device. And, the 8X has the wireless built in, so you save a little there is you are going to equip the 822 with wireless charging. The camera is faster on the 8X, but you don't get all the Nokia apps you get on the 822. For the price, the 822 is a steal, and even if they were equal, it's still close. Some have said the 8X screen is harder to see outside, but I didn't test that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven